Home Sports Talk

Which quarterback from last years draft will have a breakout season in 2022?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2, 2022 12:37PM in Sports Talk

Last years quarterback class - Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, who has a breakout season? If Trevor Lawrence has another year like last season is he considered to be a draft bust?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2022 12:40PM

The media caught Jerry Rice at the convenience store buying a slurpy, they asked him who he would chose to start between Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo, check out the video.

I think Mac Jones had a good year last season, I think he'll continue to get better.

Of course the Jets are cursed so I don't expect much from Zach Wilson.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Trevor Lawrence is too talented to end up a bust. I will give him a mulligan for last year considering the Urban Meyer debacle that was the 2021 season for the Jags. I expect a marked improvement in his game going forward.

edited July 2, 2022 2:27PM

Ah yes, Urban Meyer, I remember his tenure with the Jaguars. 🤔

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trevor Lawrence will have the biggest jump.
    The Jets had a huge draft for Zach Wilson. It time for him to step up. I have the Jets winning 6+ and Jags right at 6.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    I believe Trevor Lawrence is too talented to end up a bust. I will give him a mulligan for last year considering the Urban Meyer debacle that was the 2021 season for the Jags. I expect a marked improvement in his game going forward.

With Pederson being the Head coach and former NFL QB things can only be looking up for Lawrence.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

Trey Lance

You have to watch Doug Pederson, he's a slick one, I still remember that whole tanking scandal a while back, and Doug Pederson was fired. Of course, Carson Wentz was loving every minute of it.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

You missed Davis Mills, dude is the real deal, only now discovering what he can do as his college game time was short, which is why he went so far down in the draft. Smart, big arm, tall. Dang. Statistically, at the top of that class last year, Hmm..... Smarter than the rest you name, and Tejanos will have a better line to protect him this year. So break out for Mills? Well yes. The rest of them Yahoos? Maybe Jones..............

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/