Home Sports Talk
Options

4th of July plans?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you doing for the 4th of July this year?

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

we have a big BBQ with many friends and family. most of us normally go target practicing before lunch and make a bunch of noise!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

This is what I'm doing for the 4th of July, and there's nothing the lady of the house can do to stop me, God bless America!

• Options

And go Jaguars!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

A day of relaxing, watching some baseball and BBQ with the wife over at her pops house. Then watching a local fireworks show to finish up the day. Always a great day for us. Happy 246th America! God bless you!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

To celebrate the 4th I will buy a 5th on the 3rd.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

• Options
    edited July 1, 2022 5:15PM

I just got back from Wal-Mart, I picked up some of these for the 4th of July, I love Nathan's hot dogs with chili and cheese!

• Options
    edited July 1, 2022 5:19PM

I also picked up a bag of Arby's curly fries to go with the hot dogs, I'm addicted to them.

• Options

Because no 4th of July thread is complete without George Washington twerking.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

I will be pouring Budweiser on my hot dogs, I want them to be just like Lum's.

• Options

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to do steaks on a charchol grill to do them justice flavor wise and Medium Rare at the most!......... One for me, and one for Oliver, My good old trusty Dog (we're both getting old so might as well enjoy life while we still can!). Sliced Yukon potatoes & Onions in the foil packet.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some friends came over for BBQ, Beers and Fireworks

It was a good day! 🇺🇸💥👍🏼👍🏼.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2022 8:52PM

I know it's late, but here is what I did on the 4th. Check out the bottle rocket we made!......Lot's of planning and prep work went into the launch, etc.!....It wouldn't have been possible without the crew......TEAMWORK!.....ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

hydrant what do you do with all the firewood in California!

I tested positive for covid on July 10. Birthday was July 6.
    July's not too good for me, cancer last year, covid this year.
    Womp, womp, womp..........

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2022 3:51PM

@Darin said:
    hydrant what do you do with all the firewood in California!

I cut the wood, the Little Hydrants move and stack it, then they bundle it it up and sell it to the local little stores around here....or people drop by and fill their trucks up with it. I get the hernia and the kids get the money. We have an endless supply..... especially because so many trees are dying because of the drought...... Worst in California history....... We don't even have a fireplace in the house.......It's a job for the Little Hydrants. And,....that's just one stack..... many more like that scattered around the place.......it's what I do....forever.......cut down trees.......never ending.......I hate trees!

P.S., Those wood piles?......Rattlesnake Heaven....... Always bring the 12 gauge to the job.....