Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Inventory Liquidation! PCGS/NGC eBay 99c aucs - PCGS Rattler Boxes, Green Velvet Display Box, Bulk

DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 28, 2022 9:24PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I'm going to be selling off my entire inventory over the next two and a half months before I join one of the major coin firms as a full time numismatist.

Almost all of it will be 99c auctions. They start ending this Sunday, I'm skipping next Sunday and one Sunday in August. Otherwise it's a complete firesale from here to September 4th.

I'm sure there will be good deals galore.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=kennettcoins&_sop=1

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Comments

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    I'm going to be selling off my entire inventory over the next two and a half months before I join one of the major coin firms as a full time numismatist.

Almost all of it will be 99c auctions. They start ending this Sunday, I'm skipping next Sunday and one Sunday in August. Otherwise it's a complete firesale from here to September 4th.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=kennettcoins&_sop=1

Sounds like an exciting transition. What firm?

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow congrats on the new job!

My current "Box of 20"

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Sounds like an exciting transition. What firm?

I don't want to say until I'm there. Still doesn't feel real that all the years of work finally paid off.

@Bob13 said:
    Wow congrats on the new job!

Thank you!

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Congrats!!!!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet dollars. Some real cherries there.
    Congratulations on the new employment opportunity!
    I do hope that firm allows you to continue posting here.
    Your contributions are cherished.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:
    Sweet dollars. Some real cherries there.
    Congratulations on the new employment opportunity!
    I do hope that firm allows you to continue posting here.
    Your contributions are cherished.

There'll be more than just dollars, I happened to just sell off what I had listed that wasn't dollars last week. Going to get a buncha stuff listed over the next few weeks, but all graded. August will be when I begin the raw auctions and there's going to be a considerable amount of that material, including some bulk lots of stuff as well.

Glad to hear my ranting and raving is appreciated around here. :D I didn't think about them possibly not wanting me to post here. Guess we'll see!

• Options

Bump for the new weeks auctions.

Highlights include;

1878-CC GSA soft pack, rainbow toned.
    1880-O ANACS Soapbar MS62, looks better.
    1922-D Peace NGC Fatty MS64 CAC.
    1879-S in NGC 66 CAC
    1879-S PCGS 67 CAC
    1882-S NGC 63 STAR
    1881-S PCGS OGH MS66PL CAC

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@lordmarcovan said:
    Congrats!

Thanks LM!

Auctions ending tonight! Bump. 26 more starting too at 6pm, will post details about those tomorrow.

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Delaware

• Options

Sweet coins.

peacockcoins

• Options

Bump. Bunch more ending Sunday night...

• Options

Awesome 👌🆒️, Congratulations

• Options

Thanks!

Bit over 24h left!

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm anxiously awaiting the non-dollar lots that were mentioned before :smile:, congrats on the new job!

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Looking forward to next lots!! Best, Leo

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

@FlyingAl said:
    I'm anxiously awaiting the non-dollar lots that were mentioned before :smile:, congrats on the new job!

For what it's worth, I'm tentatively scheduling the first raw lots to start/end on 7/31-8/7. I'm thinking 4 weeks worth of the 2x2'ed and inventoried stuff, so running those weekly 99c auctions through the 28th. Maybe one extra week if I keep finding crap to sell... and trust me, there's a lotta crap to sell lol.

I'll post some imgur albums with the coins as a preview before I actually list 'em. No promises on timetables for that, just hoping to get the 20c, 25c, and 50c imaged/edited this weekend. 1/2c-10c are already done. Lotta dollars to do too, those are slated for imaging/editing Monday-Wednesday of this week.

• Options
    edited July 16, 2022 11:47PM

@FlyingAl said:

Albums of the type stuff here... Make offers on anything if you feel so inclined. Otherwise, they're heading to eBay next month as I discussed. More to come, this is just the stuff thats easily accessible and ready to roll.

1/2 Cents to 2 Cents

3 Cents to 25 Cents

50 Cents

Hoping to get the dollars imaged tomorrow. Not sure I'll have the fortitude to get 'em all done.

• Options

Forgot my customary bump but I have auctions ending this week, right now! lol.

• Options
    edited July 24, 2022 4:59PM

Silver Dollars (and a BU '72 T2 Ike)

Here's the album of dollars that will be auctioned off.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2022 9:30AM

Back at it this week, featuring part one of the jillion raw type coins I have laying around.

Buncha decent stuff I was going to use as inventory if I opted to open a store.

• Options

TTT. Ending in 15.

• Options

Bump again! Something like 160 listings this week including about half the graded material I have left. Other half plus the remaining non-bulk raw material goes up next week.

Week after will be bulk lots, some PCGS rattler boxes, bulk quantities of storage materials and albums, basically anything I can stuff in a box and ship lol. 😁

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons I saved several of your auctions as they look interesting... Hope to win one or two!

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doons,

so you turned down the grading job, and now becoming a numismatist with a large firm, sounds a lot more exciting. I wish you the best.

• Options

@jdimmick said:
    Doons,

so you turned down the grading job, and now becoming a numismatist with a large firm, sounds a lot more exciting. I wish you the best.

It sure is more interesting. Felt better too, in terms of people and fit. Thank you so much!

Another typical Sunday bump. Help me buy a house in California! lol.

• Options

Alright, now we're getting into the weirder stuff and albums. Still some nice material!

• Options
    edited August 24, 2022 11:49AM

Look at this great feedback in PM's from somebody who listened to a dealer for an hour!

"I spent about an hour with a coin dealer a month ago and he explained counterfeit and replica coins in detail since so many are out there. He also spent about a month in classes and that’s where he got his knowledge. Anyway, the fields and edges were the main things. He explained. Both the coins I got from you are very highly questionable. I would get these looked at before reselling them. I don’t have time to mess with them further. Thanks."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Coins in question;

Look, I'm cool with returns, just return it lol. Don't call these coins fake. Ha.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2022 6:31PM

The guy is now so confused he needs 2 hours with a competent dealer to get de-programmed 🤣

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2022 11:18AM

Say it 'aint so!! :o

Best of luck in your new venture my friend. :)

• Options

@LeeBone said:
    Say it 'aint so!! :o

Best of luck in your new venture my friend. :)

My personal advisory services are always at your disposal, boss!

• Options

The last week is finally upon us! Brings some re-listings from returns, and lots of weird, esoteric stuff like 4x PCGS rattler boxes, a super rare PCGS green velvet 10 coin showcase box, and even just random albums, loose rolls and capsules, bulk wheats, indians, buffalos, all kinds of random crap. It's all going!

• Options
    0ronron0ronron Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

Nice selection!
    Hope to win a few, Thank you! :)

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for first loving us.

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

That just boggles my mind that someone (multiple people) want the green velvet slab holder so bad it's almost at $600 already... While I won't be bidding on that, there are a few Morgan's and a couple seated ladies I'll be watching 😁

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2022 7:53AM

The 72 DDO that closed last night (described honestly by you) brought a nice price!

Kicking myself for not bidding more aggressively on some raw (63-64 ish) 72 DDOs that showed up on ebay about a year ago that sold in the $300's !

• Options

@spyglassdesign said:
    That just boggles my mind that someone (multiple people) want the green velvet slab holder so bad it's almost at $600 already... While I won't be bidding on that, there are a few Morgan's and a couple seated ladies I'll be watching 😁

The last proper sale I knew of on one of those was $700, so I was expecting some intense bidding, but more last minute and not right out of the gate lol. No complaints here though!

@Connecticoin said:
    The 72 DDO that closed last night (described honestly by you) brought a nice price!

Kicking myself for not bidding more aggressively on some raw (63-64 ish) 72 DDOs that showed up on ebay about a year ago that sold in the $300's !

Let's just say I'm counting down the days until that's out of return window. Very surprised at that result.

• Options

Bump, the final week is underway. Screwed a couple auctions up so those end Tuesday night, but no big deal.

On the verge of eclipsing my goal $ wise and this should put me over.

• Options

Your green felt PCGS ten coin slab box is so cool.
    I haven't seen or heard of one of those in twenty years.
    Super rare!

peacockcoins

• Options

Bump.

Unalike some other folks, this IS a firesale! Get those bids in!

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2022 4:33PM

Got a bid or two in! Won a proof Walker! (To be honest, I hope it didn’t exceed your price expectation :blush: )

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Got a bid or two in! Won a proof Walker! (To be honest, I hope it didn’t exceed your price expectation :blush: )

You got that walker cheap as heck lol.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m super excited about it. I’ll get it paid for tonight and wait with much anticipation for it to arrive.