Home Sports Talk
Options

using youtube for travel info...non sports

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be late to the party, but I was blown away with what I happened upon yesterday on youtube.
IF you are planning a road trip in the US, or travelling to Europe, using the youtube app on your smart tv will find a lot of outstanding videos that are incredibly well done, with appropriate music, no speeches and really highlight the destination selected.

In our case, we're going on a cruise to Greece in Sept. I was hoping to find something on Santorini, as I've hired a private guide/driver for a 6 hour tour. I was thrilled to find the PERFECT video on youtube. I also found a smiliar video on Mykonos which we will also visit.

So, if you have travel plans and want to see detail, youtube may provide a wonderful video you may be looking for. So many choices to watch. There are several videos that just show peaceful scenes of exotic places and islands with soft music, you can see the world by just watching.

Enjoy!!

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I've said before, sometimes I'm just living vicariously through Sports Talk 😂😂😂 Enjoy your trip. Let us know if the real world matched the videos. 👍👍

• Options
    edited June 25, 2022 1:19PM

Can you post a link?

Edited to add: maybe I'll be able to find one, thank you anyways.

2nd edit. Is this what you are talking about? https://youtu.be/cKedc8trR2Y

• Options

Ok. This is also non-sports, but I think it will fit with this thread. The last two days have been some of the best days of my life (for reasons I'm not going to go into). But it was a rollercoaster.

Yesterday, a lot of great things were happening, but on top of all of that we had made the decision to surrender one of our three dogs to a different home. Very hard decision. But in the end,there was a total change of events and plans and we got to keep him.

Also yesterday, the plan was for my son and I to stop off at Five Guys Burgers on the way home after leaving the dog. He had never been there. But we didn't go yesterday because coming home we still had the dog. So today, lots of great things happening around me like I said, but I still want to take my son to Five Guys.

We get in the car, and I tell him that he didn't close his door all the way. We were waiting for the car to tell me, but I said something like trust me son, I'm old school and I pay attention to the little things . So anyway , he fixes the door and we are talking and we start to back out. And I hear it. Clang. I backed into my older son's car. I had forgotten it was there because I was too busy telling my son all about how I do things the right way. So we go back into the house. I tell my older son I hit his car. He immediately asks is it drivable I told him to just come outside. He looked at the damage and didn't say much, but I know he was upset on the inside. It's very minor. My younger son asked if were still going, and I said of course

Anyway, so we went to Five Guys and after that, I took my son to a mall that is across the street. He doesn't remember ever being in a mall (he's 14). So I told him I'd show him. I told him my tricks to remember where I parked. I almost thought another car was mine, but from a distance I pointed out a black mark you could see on my white paint from something that happened maybe a year ago. When we got right up to my car, I saw for the first time a tiny piece of my bumper damaged. I hadn't noticed earlier, and I told my son I had actually forgotten all about hitting the other car earlier. Lesson learned Always pay attention, and it's really just the little important special things that matter. So we got in the car and came home and now I'm typing this. 🤣🤣 I apologize for going off topic. I did watch the video, but I'm on my phone so it's probably not as good, but I see what you mean. Looks amazing. I hope you really enjoy it! 👍👍

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Ok. This is also non-sports, but I think it will fit with this thread. The last two days have been some of the best days of my life (for reasons I'm not going to go into). But it was a rollercoaster.

Yesterday, a lot of great things were happening, but on top of all of that we had made the decision to surrender one of our three dogs to a different home. Very hard decision. But in the end,there was a total change of events and plans and we got to keep him.

Also yesterday, the plan was for my son and I to stop off at Five Guys Burgers on the way home after leaving the dog. He had never been there. But we didn't go yesterday because coming home we still had the dog. So today, lots of great things happening around me like I said, but I still want to take my son to Five Guys.

We get in the car, and I tell him that he didn't close his door all the way. We were waiting for the car to tell me, but I said something like trust me son, I'm old school and I pay attention to the little things . So anyway , he fixes the door and we are talking and we start to back out. And I hear it. Clang. I backed into my older son's car. I had forgotten it was there because I was too busy telling my son all about how I do things the right way. So we go back into the house. I tell my older son I hit his car. He immediately asks is it drivable I told him to just come outside. He looked at the damage and didn't say much, but I know he was upset on the inside. It's very minor. My younger son asked if were still going, and I said of course

Anyway, so we went to Five Guys and after that, I took my son to a mall that is across the street. He doesn't remember ever being in a mall (he's 14). So I told him I'd show him. I told him my tricks to remember where I parked. I almost thought another car was mine, but from a distance I pointed out a black mark you could see on my white paint from something that happened maybe a year ago. When we got right up to my car, I saw for the first time a tiny piece of my bumper damaged. I hadn't noticed earlier, and I told my son I had actually forgotten all about hitting the other car earlier. Lesson learned Always pay attention, and it's really just the little important special things that matter. So we got in the car and came home and now I'm typing this. 🤣🤣 I apologize for going off topic. I did watch the video, but I'm on my phone so it's probably not as good, but I see what you mean. Looks amazing. I hope you really enjoy it! 👍👍

Thanks for sharing. It's a good lesson to show your son the importance of minute details, no matter how inconsequential they may seem at a particular moment in time. In a future moment in time that "minute" detail can be huge! And as a dog lover I'm happy you ended up getting to keep your fur baby!

Robert

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2022 7:18PM

@thisistheshow said:
    Can you post a link?

Edited to add: maybe I'll be able to find one, thank you anyways.

2nd edit. Is this what you are talking about? https://youtu.be/cKedc8trR2Y

Yes!! Beautiful isn't it? There are others, but you get the idea.
    I promise to post when we get back, hopefully some good pics. The music just adds so much.

This is a birthday gift to my wife. We fly Atlanta-Rome where we board the ship (Celebrities new Beyond), the sail ends in Barcelona, Spain, 10 days later.

If you want to see our guide, go to www.Santorini-private-guide.com, his pic is near the bottom, his name is Kostas. We will be with Kostas for right at 6 hours, a bit pricey, but not a place I want to ride a bus and be on someone elses schedule. A bit over $500 for the time with Kostas, we have agreed on an itinerary, but he and I are very flexible, but will hit the highlights of Santorini for sure.