Home Sports Talk

Arch Manning commits to Texas

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

You heard it here first, Arch Manning has committed to the University of Texas, do you think they can compete for a National Championship?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited June 23, 2022 12:37PM

I must confess, this news has me excited, I think it's time for an appearance from Walker Texas Cat, it's been a while since we've seen him.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh boy. I was hoping we were all done with those Manning boys.

they are always so mean to my Tommy...

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the transfer rules, do you think he will finish his college career at Texas?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will be on an NFL roster for his name even if he isn’t all that good I bet

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ewers or Manning will transfer.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

The hooplah revolves around his name and the fame of his relatives. While he does carry serious stats into college, only time will tell if he can play at the collegiate level. The bar has been set pretty high for him, sometimes too much pressure and unintended errors can seriously deflate performance.

I wish him well, just playing qb for the Longhorns is pressure enough.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sark can recruit. But that's it. He's left quite a trail behind him.

Have a nice day
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

NIL rules will make this kid a millionaire, and I think he will do just fine in college. As for the NFL, only time will tell.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya wonder if down The genetic chain line does the athletic ability decline from father to son to son to son. Earnhardt junior was never what his father was and all them Earnhardt kids down the line never came close to being a winner. Even Richard Petty then Kyle Petty never was close. Just a thought.....

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Ya wonder if down The genetic chain line does the athletic ability decline from father to son to son to son. Earnhardt junior was never what his father was and all them Earnhardt kids down the line never came close to being a winner. Even Richard Petty then Kyle Petty never was close. Just a thought.....

Ken Griffey Jr. was a lot better than his dad was who was pretty good in his own right. Barry (PEDs notwithstanding) was far better than his dad. Patrick Mahomes II is also a far more successful pro athlete than his father ever was.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully he fares better than John Elway's son, Jack. Jack went to Arizona State after a pretty average high school career and ended up quitting the team as a redshirt freshman. It seemed he was only following the QB career path since that was what was expected of him.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Back in the day, I heard a lot of talk that Cooper Manning was the most athletic if all the Manning's. I don't remember his situation.....maybe injury forced him out of sports. But either way, this is his kid.

edited June 27, 2022 5:00AM

@thisistheshow said:

@Steven59 said:

Back in the day, I heard a lot of talk that Cooper Manning was the most athletic if all the Manning's. I don't remember his situation.....maybe injury forced him out of sports. But either way, this is his kid.

You know, it disappoints me that Aaron Rodgers doesn't have any kids to follow in his footsteps, I need someone to poke fun at later on after he's retired. Can you just imagine what a little baby Aaron Rodgers Jr. would look like?

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    He will be on an NFL roster for his name even if he isn’t all that good I bet

He is rated #1 in his class, that is #1 nationally. So I am betting he is pretty good. Unless he gets hurt or screws up, he is a shoo in to be #1 in his draft.............

https://247sports.com/Player/Arch-Manning-46080533/

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine if Peyt, El and Coop make it to the show and join Arch ?? Should be interesting.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    Ewers or Manning will transfer.

I agree, Ewers committed to OSU then went to Texas. Should be good competition but neither are bench warmers.
    Put me down as saying Georgia gets the transfer.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2022 7:04AM

@streeter said:
    Sark can recruit. But that's it. He's left quite a trail behind him.

He was also a very good offensive coordinator, especially at Bama.
    Seems like he's on the right trail now.... B)....Saban got him turned around.

Rashada from the Bay Area, a high4* QB, 6'4" and a skinny 185 lbs got $8.5 NIL deal from Miami. He turned down $11M from another SEC school.

Lot of money being thrown around to kids in high school.

Have a nice day
    edited June 30, 2022 11:16AM

Sark may get to 8 wins this year. Only if he gives the headset to one of his assts.

Have a nice day