Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993-1994 Topps Finest #1 Michael Jordan. (NEED HELP!)

Hello guys! So I just made a purchase on this Michael #1 card for a very good price. I made sure to do research and comparisons of other PSA grade #1 cards to make sure it wasn’t fake. I just need to know how to upload pictures here. I’m a new member and still figuring out the website.

Comments

• Options

@Cuco27 said:
    Hello guys! So I just made a purchase on this Michael #1 card for a very good price. I made sure to do research and comparisons of other PSA grade #1 cards to make sure it wasn’t fake. I just need to know how to upload pictures here. I’m a new member and still figuring out the website.

@Cuco27 said:

• Options

Photos

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Click on the Attach image icon on the end then Choose Files.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cuco27 said:
    Photos

You need to wait until your status changes from "Applicant" to "Member". It used to take a few days but has been up to a few weeks lately.

• Options

Thank you guys. Here are the photos.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Cool card. So what’s your question exactly? Not every base card out there needs to be graded. The last 9 sold for $128 and dropping. I think it’s an 8 or 9. So not sure what the play is.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Hello thank you for your comment. Sorry I didn’t throw a question in there. I just wanted to know if it was worth grading or not or just keeping it in the raw condition. Also what would be your suggestion of an app I can use to track prices of cards? Sorry I just began an interest in collecting/investing into cards. Thank you

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

I use the eBay app to track values. What it sells for is the value.... Since it is slightly OC from right to left, it probably wouldn't get a 10. So a 8 or 9 is worth 90-125 bucks, so deduct the grading costs from that, including shipping

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

I had to check to see what they sell for, as I am clearly out of touch. it seems those tend to sell for $50+ and that is not even graded copies. Things have really changed in the basketball market since I last dabbled!

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

Thank you guys for your inputs. So clearly what the result should be is just to keep this card in a raw condition because grading it will cause the value to go down.

• Options
    omgjediomgjedi Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone is saying grading will make the value drop. It's more of when you factor price of the raw card, grading cost, shipping for grading, then add listing fee's if you plan to sell through an auction site of some sort like ebay for example. When you factor all that against the value of the graded card (assuming you do get an 8 or 9 at best, but also be prepared for a lower than 8 possibly) would you end up making a profit?