Home Sports Talk
Options

Gronk announces retirement

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

What, no, say it ain't so, he can't do this to Tom!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish this man would retire, but no, he insists on tormenting me!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even his agent said he wouldn’t be surprised if TOMPA talked him back to the Bucs

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭

With the punishment he has taken over the years he SHOULD NOT return to playing but he probably will at some point before the season starts as Brady will talk him into it.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, he has taken a huge beating over the years. i will miss him though

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's 33, has a net worth of $45 million. I say good on him. He may look and act goofy, but anyone who's been able to collect paychecks over the years, appears to be a genius to me. 33 and uber rich, how sweet it must be!!
    Not sure even Tompa can pull him back.

Brady OTOH has a net worth of $400 million, and that excludes his wife's fortune of an additional $400 million. One does wonder why the Tom would risk getting injured while having access to such a mind-numbing amount of money. Therefore, I deduce it has to simply be ego and the thrill of the game. Me, I could eaaaaaaassily find a sweet thrill with about 500 acres in Montana on a pristine trout stream and a killer log home, and still have a zillion dollars left over. Let's add in a helicopter for access to the outside world should I desire to go anywhere. Imagine the possibilities with $800 LARGE

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hate to see the Big guy retire. Just thankful for all the great plays he had. B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has the money, rings and most importantly his health so he would be smart to stick to his retirement plans