Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

To Buy Or Not To Buy

I been trying to buy any of these coins below, I do not own any of these types, have seen here many excellent coins posted and guess it can be the time to own at least one, note all are raw, from all the ones I have seen among many other avail not quite cheap, the ones below are accesible price wise.

For you what it is the best or favorite?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mlov43mlov43 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Buy.

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mlov43 said:
    Buy.

Anyone in particular or all?

• Options
    mlov43mlov43 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

All, of course. Esp. since you said they were all affordable.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy I like them all.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

Is a nice set indeed.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know nothing about this series, but if I could afford the set, I would buy it in snap and then start on the research.

if I were to only be able to buy 1 piece here is my preference based on nothing more than "gut feel" and my personal definition of "coolness"

Cordova 1812 (?)
    1/4 real

Yeah, I know this doesn't help you, but thanks for sharing some cool coins. FWIW, if you can only buy one, buy the one that is hardest to find/least likely to show up for sale in the near future. Best of luck

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

There be a hawk circling above looking to snag them suckers out from under you! :#

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're neat coins. Buy them before I find out who is selling them. :#

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool little sunfaces! I like them all, but particularly the first one.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take all, but if you are limited to one, I think there is a lot of potential in the 1/4 real.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options

BTW, it took me some time to make a decision, it was today, but when was doing the checkout, they asked for the D.N.I document, or some others from a list on a pull-down menu, So, I simple canceled the order, I do not like to provide that type of doc or info. The site is in Argentina.

Second time, I see this, it happens when trying to buy on some places in Spain (with the exception of Barcelona).

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time they ask for that info, I put my student ID number from college. Everyone takes it if it comes with money... :#

• Options
    edited September 21, 2022 8:05AM

I do not even remember my ID number, have been a looooong time since I been out of my college days...yikes.

Edit: also one need to provide some other info like your birth date (I know it can be provided any other date), but all this to be able to buy, I passed.