Home Sports Talk
Options

This would freak me out

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know exactly where this video was taken, but I assume these are storm clouds approaching? Anyway, it reminds me of a huge wave, the kind you would see in a doomsday movie.

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap - that's crazy looking!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Holy crap - that's crazy looking!

Yes it is, if I saw that I would think the world is coming to an end!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a storm roll in off of Lake Erie a few years ago that was kinda similar but not as crazy looking as the video.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    We had a storm roll in off of Lake Erie a few years ago that was kinda similar but not as crazy looking as the video.

That is creepy looking, I like it! 🖒

• Options

I've been wanting to post this photo for a while now, it's quite beautiful, the northern lights seen from Iceland.

• Options

This would definately freak me out, it happened back in 1984, perhaps the most-terrifying space photograph to date. Astronaut Bruce McCandless floats completely untethered, away from the safety of the space shuttle, the first person in history to do so, he did it on purpose.

• Options

You want some entertainment, check this video out!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow the first cloud pic is crazy!!

The Northern Lights pic is surreal and breathtaking

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Wow the first cloud pic is crazy!!

The Northern Lights pic is surreal and breathtaking

I love the Northern Lights photo, the way it turns everything Green is beautiful.

• Options

The clearest image of the surface of Pluto. This image was captured by the New Horizons Probe.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

do you have any images of Uranus?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does Captain Kirk and toilet paper have in common?

The both keep Klingons off of..................................., well.......................... you know :)

The above is a joke I heard in middle school in the late 1960s. Still funny today.

As is the joke about the scientists, the elephant, the cork and the monkey (that one I heard in elementary school and I of course passed it on to my sons when they were in elementary school).

Amazing photos and videos in this thread.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    do you have any images of Uranus?

The more important question is, do you have any photos of Terry Bradshaw nude on Mars? 🤔

• Options

Check this out, this is what happens when you wring out a wet washcloth in space!

• Options

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

• Options

I reached out to my connections at NASA, and was able to obtain a very rare photo that I am proud to add to my collection. This photo was taken a few years back by the Mars Rover, you can clearly see Terry Bradshaw walking across the Martian terrain in daisy dukes, carrying a bucket of water, where he got the water from remains a mystery.

• Options

5 planets to align in rare celestial event on Friday

Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn will align in a rare celestial event that won't happen again until 2040

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    5 planets to align in rare celestial event on Friday

Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn will align in a rare celestial event that won't happen again until 2040

Very cool, I'll have to check that out. 🖒

• Options

Awesome photo of the Moon.