Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Flaws within the card, effect on grading?

So, I found another Jeter rookie going through my old cards, this one a Topps draft pick. The card is absolutely pristine, I had apparently sleeved it when I opened the pack I guess. The only issue, is what looks like a little circle of color that you can tell is in the original printing of the card. You can angle it to look at the lerfect glossy surface and you can tell its an interior (printing) mark, not something I or anyone did externally.

So, how much does that knock down the value of a card when it comes to grading. In the photo, you see the small circle of yellow-ish off his left thigh.

Thanks.

Screenshot-20220619-174333-Gallery.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

I would say search all completed ebay sales for PSA 10 versions of this card and see if any of them have a similar fisheye. That will tell you whether or not they are allowing it on 10's or not.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

It is a gamble regardless.. A PSA 9 is only worth 50 bucks... So you won't even break even, it would be 10 or bust!

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Fisheye.

In my experience, 9 is the best you'll see if perfect.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2023 7:45PM

:)

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    On your Jeter at least it's not in his line of sight

In this case I wanted the card specifically due to the placement of the fish-eye print mark as it explains those Crazy Eye's of Joe's.

Keep your eye on the ball..... Or in this case, the glowing pink circle......lol

Thanks everyone.