Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps HOF multi-player / combo cards

Here are some of my favorites and the stories behind them.

My most recent purchase, won in Heritage's May auction. As a life-long Dodgers fan (born in Brooklyn the year they moved West & I grew up in LA), I've always loved this card. Had a raw one ("5" or "6"-ish) back in the day, but sold it several years ago. Wanted a higher-grade example for my permanent collection.

When Oliva got voted-in, I had to get this card again. Had it in PSA 6 years ago. Won this one in Memory Lane's February auction.

Here's the bookend. Bought this card slabbed on eBay in September 2006.

One of my all-time faves. Love that Hank Aaron and the Green Monster are also in the pic. Bought this card raw from my favorite shop in December 2004 and included it with my first submission to PSA in July 2005.

Another great card featuring the Hammer and the Mick. Tough to find this one without a lot of print snow. "Overpaid" Levi at 707 Sportscards for this PSA 7 at the Anaheim National in July 2006, but looking back from today's prices, it was a bargain.

Another classic from the mid-60's, in my opinion a must-have for any HOFer collector. Won slabbed on eBay, May 2005.

Let's see your favorites!

Comments

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely stunning cards Andy.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2022 6:49AM

I was thought these were way undervalued compared to the single player cards from the same sets. You would almost think they would be more valuable but they are worth a fraction.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love these. Have been slowly working on getting each one that has at least one Hall of Famer. (From the 50s through the 70s).

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Power Plus and Tops in NL are my two favorites of this genre.

It's too bad the Topps photographer didn't get the Hammer to come over and join Willie and Mickey.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Pride of N.L. Is severely underrated.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad you don’t see these in football.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MantleMarisFordBerra said:
    Fantastic idea for a thread. I’ve always liked this card. For all the hype surrounding the M & M Boys, this is the only card Topps ever issued showing both Mantle & Maris in the same photograph (team cards excluded). I’d love to have a card with just the two of them together, but this will have to suffice. Thankfully they’re both smiling on what looks to be a beautiful day at Yankee Stadium. Nice supporting cast too!

hey MantleMarisFordBerra,
    Cool card.. That's work of art right there... :)

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2023 7:42PM

^ Nice

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2023 7:42PM

Great thread, Combo cards represent excellent "bank for the buck"!

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.