Home Autographs Forum
Options

Nostalgic Auction? Anyone Heard of Them?

bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this forum gets little replies, but, I figured I would try anyways.

I have a fellow collector who has a Monroe autograph and I sent a VERY large image of it to the main dealer I buy my OH autographs from. He said it has the hallmarks of it being real and could be worth 25 grand, but needs closer examination since there are good fakes.

I later emailed the "certificate" that came with it and the dealer backed away from going any further, saying he won't comment on this paper work.

I don't want to press any further since I have good relations with him.

Does anyone know anything about this "company", it was bought on ebay in 2004. The collector was going to send the Monroe to Beckett but I figured I would get a more expert opinion from the dealer I asked since he's more trusting then those ABC Graders.

I've done a deep search with the auction name and the name on the paper, nothing. Not even on autograph live messageboard.

So anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

RRAuction deals in high end autographs of all kinds including Marilyn Monroe. If the collector is looking to sell it I would recommend they consign it to RRAuction. It will bring much more money there too than most anywhere else. They authenticate the autographs themselves and have other experts look at them before accepting it for consignment. If the autograph is no good they simply won’t accept it which means they deemed it questionable.

• Options

Also want to add I never heard of Nostalgic Auctions.

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was just curious if it was legit since he's had it all these years. He's done the checking of real examples and matching it to his, but that isn't always the best way to go, especially with these particular autographs. But they match close, but the dealer said there really good forgers of her, so it means nothing.

• Options

If they are not looking to sell, the best bet is to send it to Beckett. They make mistakes like everyone else but still might be worth it to get their opinion.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2022 6:59AM

I've never heard of that company.

Based on the wording it seems to be a third party COA rather than one issued by a seller. Then again, or does have "auctions" in the name. And they did use a private mail box (PMB).

If that person who authenticated it (signed the letter) had any real expertise in the field I'd think their name would be out there somewhere.

It could be an attempt at a legitimate service that never made it big. Or it could be something else.