Home Q & A Forum
Options

Womens quarters 3 roll series

OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I have been snagging the three coin sets as they come out every couple months. I’ve bought into the hype of the S mint rolls - is they any long term collector value here are will they become parking meter money in a couple years? Design is nice but manufactured scarcity seems to be the driver.

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2 Rolls of P and D mint of most of the state quarters. Been thinking about dumping them at the Credit Union and use the $$ for something I want

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

time will tell on these for the 3 roll.

i expect them to hold up somewhat. the unknown is when the interest fades. The S are business strikes but they aren't circulation strikes. looking at the S ATB, many aren't hunting them down madly as low mintage coins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I too have been wondering about the long term hold. I lately have decided to reduce my stash of rolls, ECT and focus on filling gaps in my run goals.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some u.s. mint wrapped rolls of state quarters and national park quarters. The rolls are p&d&s and just didn't seem to have any interest at all when I tried to sell them on the Forum. However it appears that the Tuskegee Airmen 3 roll set from the mint maybe the exception and I definitely will hold on to that one. I'll have to consider taking all the state quarter rolls that I've gotten from the banks in the past parting ways with them. However, I'll hold on to the USM rolls a bit longer.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members