Home Sports Talk
Options

Ex-boxer knocks out trouble maker

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ex-heavyweight boxer Julius Francis was working security at this event, and a guy started making trouble with people. At the end of the video, the guy turns around and Julius Francis just lays him out.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look up "knocked the f out"

See this video

• Options

This YouTube clip is getting a lot of new views and comments. I didn't remember this fight. Tyson knocks him down five times before ref stops it early in the 2nd. https://youtu.be/VFYc5IxrVH0

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    This YouTube clip is getting a lot of new views and comments. I didn't remember this fight. Tyson knocks him down five times before ref stops it early in the 2nd. https://youtu.be/VFYc5IxrVH0

Yes, he was the one who fought Tyson back in 2000, he tried to hang in there, but Tyson was just too powerful. I think Julius Francis had something like 23 losses as a pro.

• Options

This incident took place at an event in Boxpark, Wikipedia has given him credit for the knockout.

• Options

Here is a little bit more about the incident from the security company he works for.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 12:42PM

I must say, I haven't seen a punch like that since Buster Douglas knocked out Aaron Rodgers in Tokyo.

• Options

Speaking of Tyson fights, I was watching a few earlier ones. This is his second pro fight. Tyson obviously was a very different man in his earlier days. In some ways, he was more the man he is now. Of course I know this is also very untrue in some ways. He always would go to his opponent right after the fight ended, help them up, talk to them etc. But also, a few times in early fights, he does what he does here right when the guy goes down. Watch the third knockdown. https://youtu.be/ozZUgTZ4u7M

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Speaking of Tyson fights, I was watching a few earlier ones. This is his second pro fight. Tyson obviously was a very different man in his earlier days. In some ways, he was more the man he is now. Of course I know this is also very untrue in some ways. He always would go to his opponent right after the fight ended, help them up, talk to them etc. But also, a few times in early fights, he does what he does here right when the guy goes down. Watch the third knockdown. https://youtu.be/ozZUgTZ4u7M

You never could tell what Tyson would do, he could be very sportsman like at times, and then turn around and be a vicious thug, I guess it depended on what mood he was in. I will say this about Tyson, he should have been the greatest heavyweight of all time, his legs were muscular, his torso his arms, he was built like a package of dynamite and this contributed to his punching power. He could work the body shots and head shots, he was just phenomenal in his prime, he should have never been defeated. The problem is, he self destructed, got into drugs and partying, got into legal trouble, he lost his focus and it caused him to lose fights he should have won easily. If Mike Tyson would have stayed focused, trained hard, took it more seriously, and stayed away from drugs and legal problems, in my opinion, he would have been the greatest heavyweight ever, he was a terminator.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the point of that video on the Sports Forum? If I want to see some jerk sucker punch somebody........ I'll go to YouTube..... There's plenty of those videos over there. Equally disgusting...... I'm disappointed.....

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    What's the point of that video on the Sports Forum? If I want to see some jerk sucker punch somebody........ I'll go to YouTube..... There's plenty of those videos over there. Equally disgusting...... I'm disappointed.....

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, maybe you should just hang out in the cock fighting thread and calm down for a while.

• Options

@Hydrant , just type touche and call it a day

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 2:52PM

@doubledragon said:

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, maybe you should just hang out in the cock fighting thread and calm down for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion,...... But, with all due respect I've decided the best option for me to calm down is the Pizza thread.......

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Thanks for the suggestion,...... But, with all due respect I've decided the best option for me to calm down is the Pizza thread.......

Sounds great, I'll send some breadsticks over!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Sounds great, I'll send some breadsticks over!

Just not from Little Ceasers.......my daughter-in-law, Monica, is addicted to Little Ceasers breadsticks.......she buys so many that her family can't possibly eat them all!.....I get the stale, hard leftovers...... I feed them to the crows......they like them.....Me?....Not so much......

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

That guy running his mouth had that coming! Good job Mr Francis!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

As I'm sure you noticed, the guy who gets knocked out is not only being verbally abrasive, but also pushes a different security worker into the metal divider. And based on what I read during a quick perusal online, this incident was preceded by minutes of action.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@LandrysFedora said:

As I'm sure you noticed, the guy who gets knocked out is not only being verbally abrasive, but also pushes a different security worker into the metal divider. And based on what I read during a quick perusal online, this incident was preceded by minutes of action.

Exactly. The big mouth's actions wrote a big ole check he couldn't cash!

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 5:01PM

What I'm really concerned about right now is my left index finger. Got a cactus sticker stuck in it. It's been driving me crazy for 3 days now.......I can't sleep at night. I wish that Security Guard was here right now.......I'd pay him Big Bucks to go knock out that Damn cactus plant!.......

It's that one that did it.....over on the left...

P.S. Notice the fire in the background??.......Notice no leaves on the tree??? WINTER!..... It never stops around here!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    What I'm really concerned about right now is my left index finger. Got a cactus sticker stuck in it. It's been driving me crazy for 3 days now.......I can't sleep at night. I wish that Security Guard was here right now.......I'd pay him Big Bucks to go knock out that Damn cactus plant!.......

It's that one that did it.....over on the left...

P.S. Notice the fire in the background??.......Notice no leaves on the tree??? WINTER!..... It never stops around here!

What have you tried to get it out? What do you usually do? I haven't dealt with cactus stickers, but I spent a long time with furniture. Wood and glass. Over the years I combined what my Mom taught me with some survival skills learned on the job, and became pretty good at operating on myself to remove unwanted invaders in and under my skin.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was awesome!! Someone needed to step up and say nighty night to that idiot

Btw that was NOT a sucker punch, the idiot was aggressively walking right towards the guy, and some guys don’t waste their time going back and forth with a trouble maker. it was well deserved.

Good Punch
    Good outcome

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was that moron upset over?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    What was that moron upset over?

Who knows, it was probably just someone doing their job and he felt “Disrespected” 🙄

• Options
    edited June 17, 2022 10:00AM

@doubledragon said:

I've given it thought and decided to do the right thing. I'm voluntarily turning myself in to the Is Cock Fighting a Sport Thread Jail. With good behavior I'm hoping for a reduced sentence. I don't know what visiting hours over there are, but if anyone wants to get in touch that's where I'll be until I recieve my release. Address all correspondence to:
    Hydrant
    C/O Sports Forum
    Is Cock Fighting a Sport