Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is there anyway to get a trueview on a coin that is already slabbed?

WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or will I have to submit it for a reholder as well?
-Thanks! :)

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817


  • lermishlermish Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pretty sure you can submit for TrueView only...I think it's $5 + shipping. But there are photographers on this board that do a very nice job and much more quickly. Hopefully one will post here.


  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There are several photographers here on the board that can do fabulous work with most coins. However, if you want to send it to PCGS, you can either send it in for a TrueView (reholder or regrade) where it will get cracked from its current holder, or you can send it to PCGS to be shot through its current holder (to retain a rattler or something similar). The shot through the current holder is not an option that is listed on the PCSG site, as far as I know, but if you reach out to customer service they can get you going.

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm pretty sure that TrueViews are taken before the slab. I recently received an error TrueView (two obverse photos and no reverse photo) on a World coin and PCGS made me return the coin to correct. I think they will crack, photograph, and re-slab with the same PCGS number. Not sure but it makes sense.


  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yes, TV's are shot raw, before slabbing. But PCGS will shoot a TV through the slab if it is requested. As @TomB said it is best to call customer service for guidance on how to order it.

  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OriginalDan said:

    wonderful wass-mol you got there!

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • retirednowretirednow Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yes ....

    however, I would not recommend this approach .. who wishes to look at an upside down reverse images on their PC ... not me.

    And yes ..this is an PCGS Image from one of their offshore PCGS offices. I understand it most likely Europe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file