Home Sports Talk
Options

This is how a quarterback should be

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Justin Herbert, doesn't like time off in the summer, he likes football.

Justin Herbert says he loves football so much that he doesn’t like time off in the summer

Justin Herbert says he loves football so much that he doesn’t like time off in the summer

With minicamps coming to an end and training camps opening in six weeks, NFL players are getting some time off. Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert doesn’t need it.

“I think the great thing about football, for me, is I need football,” Herbert said. “I love waking up and going to work and lifting, running, throwing and watching film. I think too much off time can kind of be a burden to me sometimes, so I always look forward to having stuff to do, whether that’s watching film or us throwing or being out here for OTAs. I think that’s kind of what I look forward to.”

Asked if he takes a vacation, Herbert said that to him, his job feels like a vacation.

“I feel like I’m kind of on vacation right now,” he said. “I think that if you’re taking a vacation, you’re trying to get away from something. I always look forward to coming to this place and working and doing all of these fun things. Going home, I’ll do the same thing, trying to have as much fun as I can with my family and things like that, but it is work and getting ready for the season.”

Herbert likes to do something football-related every single day.

“I feel like I just get bored sometimes without football, he said. “Saturdays and Sundays are nice, but at the same time, I’d rather be playing and having something to do because I hate hanging around my house and not doing anything or accomplishing anything.”

Comments

• Options

Yes, that's the way a quarterback should be, a far cry from Aaron Rodgers, who likes to spends his summers hanging out in Hawaii singing karaoke.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

The passion will pay off, Herbert is going to be an elite QB soon enough

• Options

Yes, the Charger fans are lucky to have such a dedicated quarterback, I've dreamed of having a quarterback like that for years. But alas, I must settle for a quarterback that hangs out at Wal-Mart harassing shoppers and seeking attention.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I'm not a Rodgers fan but everybody needs a break.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only good thing about the NFL off season is it’s summer. If off season was winter and you were stuck watching reruns of I Love Lucy it would really suck.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2022 6:16AM

I guess things could be always be worse in Carolina, at least we don't have a quarterback like Jay Cutler, he had a poor attitude and just didn't care about anything at all.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old time QB

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Old time QB

The real Big Daddy Cool.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's stay on track with Herbert in this thread, not Terry Hereford Bradshaw, yuk. Oregonians rule, simple as that, they make the best wine and QB's. Period. Oh and they know how to run.

CJ make wine.

See J throw.

See Pre run.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...