Home Autographs Forum

Help identifying this autograph please

Hello,

Found this autographed baseball in the woods near a ball field with my son. It’s an official MLB ball which is bizarre why anyone would actually be playing with this.

Anyone know who signed this ball?

Thank you in advance!
Jeff

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea but that's crazy.

• JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be someone that isn’t famous that signed their baseball to mark it was their ball. They were playing with it and it got lost, or perhaps they put it there on purpose and marked it with their signature hoping no one would take it, or if they did and started using it, they would know it was their baseball. Just some thoughts I had. Reminds me of when I was a kid and signed a baseball and would play with it. I thought at the time if it ever got lost, I would think maybe someone would find it and return it but if course if you can’t read the signature that defeats the purpose of that idea.

• JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another thing - I always loved the movie the Sandlot where the kids kept losing their baseballs to the big scary dog behind the fence. One day they ran out of baseballs and couldn’t buy another but wanted to finish their game so one of the kids had the bright idea to steal their father’s Babe Ruth signed baseball and use that. Turned out that got lost to the dog too and the movie goes on about how they try to retrieve it.

• baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

@JMS1223 said:
    Another thing - I always loved the movie the Sandlot where the kids kept losing their baseballs to the big scary dog behind the fence. One day they ran out of baseballs and couldn’t buy another but wanted to finish their game so one of the kids had the bright idea to steal their father’s Babe Ruth signed baseball and use that. Turned out that got lost to the dog too and the movie goes on about how they try to retrieve it.

This was my exact thought!!! Cheers!