Home Sports Talk
Options

The U.S Open

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is upon us this Thursday. DJ and Phil will be there, they of LIV "Fame". Any picks? Hard for me to pick anyone out of the top ten rankings. Can't wait for the announcers to speak, to see if they lambaste the LIV league. Last week Sir Nick Faldo during the Canadian Open coverage, stated Greg Norman is causing destruction in the golfing world.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

idk about tournament picks, but i do have an opinion about what's transpiring with these LIV guys. they are being unjustly raked over the coals. yes, they are doing considerable business with a repressive regime. but if you expand your mind and take a macro look, the very country they are citizens of is doing exponentially bigger business with these exact same tyrants. to wit: there's a good chance that the freaking oil in your car came from Saudi Arabia. moreover, when 9/11 went down there were zero sanctions imposed on the very people who orchestrated a nefarious plan to remove thousands of our own from the face of the earth. to this very day we, the United States of America, have a strategic alliance with the Saudis. yet Mickelson, DeChambeau, Johnson, Reed, et al. are made out to be pariahs? due to the fact that they followed the money? because that never happens in a capitalistic society, right? no one here has ever left a job to pursue more elsewhere, correct?

give me a break with all of this hypocritical and sanctimonious bs i've been hearing and reading. i for one am glad those guys are creating a schism.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    idk about tournament picks, but i do have an opinion about what's transpiring with these LIV guys. they are being unjustly raked over the coals. yes, they are doing considerable business with a repressive regime. but if you expand your mind and take a macro look, the very country they are citizens of is doing exponentially bigger business with these exact same tyrants. to wit: there's a good chance that the freaking oil in your car came from Saudi Arabia. moreover, when 9/11 went down there were zero sanctions imposed on the very people who orchestrated a nefarious plan to remove thousands of our own from the face of the earth. to this very day we, the United States of America, have a strategic alliance with the Saudis. yet Mickelson, DeChambeau, Johnson, Reed, et al. are made out to be pariahs? due to the fact that they followed the money? because that never happens in a capitalistic society, right? no one here has ever left a job to pursue more elsewhere, correct?

give me a break with all of this hypocritical and sanctimonious bs i've been hearing and reading. i for one am glad those guys are creating a schism.

In our world, hypocritical and sanctimonious bs is very prevalent. Much of the world seems insanely obtuse.