Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Am not going to do the Fanatics/Topps College thing.

Just not interested unless there is a pro team uniform on a card. (or airbrushed with one :) )

Comments

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

I could see collecting cards from the school I graduated from. But that's about it.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find all of this NIL stuff fascinating in terms of the football card hobby. It has really opened up the collecting options, being able to buy college cards as players break out will be a lot of fun.

Mike
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    I find all of this NIL stuff fascinating in terms of the football card hobby. It has really opened up the collecting options, being able to buy college cards as players break out will be a lot of fun.

It didn't work out for Wild Card in 1991, maybe it's different 30 years later.

• Options

@jayhawke said:

@ndleo said:

Wild Card made cards of player still in college? A draft product?

Mike
  • Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2022 4:29PM

This comment has been deleted - Todd

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

@jayhawke said:

@ndleo said:

Yes, of College players.

• Options
    CentauriCentauri Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

@Copyboy1 said:
    I could see collecting cards from the school I graduated from. But that's about it.

Yeah, I’ll be going after some Buckeyes, for sure.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

@jayhawke said:

@ndleo said:

And Wild Card has got a product out right now with players still in college - Allumination Collegiate Edition NIL.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@ndleo said:

@jayhawke said:

@ndleo said:

And Wild Card has got a product out right now with players still in college - Allumination Collegiate Edition NIL.

Yes I know the new Wild Card has NIL. I didn’t know they made an NIL product in 1991. I didn’t think that was possible before NIL was OK’d. I know draft products have been around for a while but I don’t recall seeing cards from players still playing college FB.

Mike
  • Options

Is this the 1991 Wild Card College product? That is a draft product not NIL.

https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/8385/1991-Wild-Card-Draft

2021 Leaf Pro Set Power is a NIL product. It has college underclassman autos. The two players below are still sophomores. As far as I know, you couldn't buy autographed prospect cards of current college players before the recent NIL products.

Mike