Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Series 1902 $10 The Sheldon National Bank -New purchase

I recently purchased this note and I'm not a currency guy generally speaking. On occasion, I'll pick up something if I think the price is right. That said, there is little auction history I can find on this bank. I don't subscribe to the currency auction site so I'm hoping someone can help me out here with auction history with this bank in the 1902 series $10 note.

I appreciate it!

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2022 8:26AM

Nice note. The upper, Federal signatures are Lyons/Treat along with the Federal serial number E731838D above them and the lower signatures of H.P.Mousel (Cashier) and W.P.Iverson (President) are stamped along with the Charter serial number of 5074. A similar note sold at auction for just under $800 back in 2005. More history is available at the Society of Bank Note Collectors (SPMC) website.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the T&P data for actual sales.Hopefully this will be helpful.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note, I like

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Robert shared there is a good premium if it is higher grade; tough to judge from the pics though. Do you have a picture of the reverse or out of plastic?

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency