Home Sports Talk

How would you feel about this?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 7, 2022 11:29AM in Sports Talk

My team, the Carolina Panthers, now have the first transgender cheerleader in NFL history, this doesn't sit well with me. Call me old fashioned, call me what you will, but I just don't like it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/justine-lindsay-makes-history-as-nfl-first-openly-transgender-cheerleader-carolina-panthers-221521967.html

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a distraction the whole season, I just know it.

And the Joe Louis hand puppet has made it's way back to ebay, this thing is bad luck for me, always has been.

@perkdog said:
    I don’t like it or any of the other stuff associated with it. But this isn’t the place for me to voice my opinion on it.

That being said as much as I don’t approve or like it I use my remote incessantly while watching NFL. I dont want to hear about politics, social issues or any other nonsense that doesn’t belong being associated with the game I love, so I hit the pause and FF button and literally just watch the game so whatever they want to put on the sidelines let them embarrass themselves, I refuse to let the insanity of today’s society ruin anything I enjoy.

Well said perk, I'm just going to focus on football and not worry about all of this stuff, I refuse to let it ruin the game for me. Now, if I can just get ebay to remove the Joe Louis hand puppet listing. 🤔

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2022 9:07AM

@perkdog said:
    I don’t like it or any of the other stuff associated with it. But this isn’t the place for me to voice my opinion on it.

I refuse to let the insanity of today’s society ruin anything I enjoy.

My thoughts exactly. I will add this.......A couple of years ago the Rams added A male cheerleader to the squad. Now I think it's up to four. The press releases can spin that decision any way they want, but bottom line?.......the fans don't like it.......And my take?.........four deserving young ladies are now out of a job because...... reasons. If this thread doesn't get closed, I'll add more later.......just this for now.....the Rams cheerleaders are a very important PR part of the game experience. Nice group of young ladies......why fix what isn't broken?

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2022 9:28AM

O.k., A little more. About the Rams situation. I don't think it's fair to the ladies on the squad. In the same way that allowing a certain college swimmer to compete against the ladies isn't fair.......the male cheerleaders, simply put, have more athletic abilities than the ladies. THEY become the focus of attention, the star of the show, while the rest of the squad is just the supporting background crew. But the ridiculous part of it all, and the part that the fans talk about is this;.......The male cheerleaders do the Exact same routine moves that were designed to highlight female body movements. It comes off weird.

I remember about a year or so ago, I was going to the store and on the way, I got a flat tire. About 15 minutes prior, I had been at home on ebay and I had run across the Joe Louis hand puppet. A coincedence, I think not!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont agree with it one bit. I will not get all political about it, but that is where I stand.

As Stephen Crowder would say, "change my mind"

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

My reaction is "shrug". I don't care one way or another.

This discussion has been closed.