Home Sports Talk

Dugout tantrums can be dangerous

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 5, 2022 3:44AM in Sports Talk

Phillies player Alec Bohm was frustrated with himself and slammed his bat in the dugout, apparently the bat bounced up and cut him in the neck.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

One that I will always remember, David Ortiz destroying the dugout phone with his bat.

Yankees player Brett Gardner was dangerous in the dugout, he threw his helmet against the wall and it bounced back and cut his lip open.

Brett Gardner takes a bat to the trash can.

Carlos Gomez was a dugout savage, he hit the water cooler with an upper cut.

Carlos Gomez takes a bat to a water cooler.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/zlepYUrJ2mk

Mr. Zambrano was the master of tantrums.

@LandrysFedora said:
    https://youtu.be/zlepYUrJ2mk

Mr. Zambrano was the master of tantrums.

From the field to the dugout, nice!

Rich Hill could be a dugout tyrant.

Rich Hill even attacked the candy box!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always enjoyed this kind of thing, but here's the reality. These guys are super spoiled. They make a mess everywhere and someone else cleans it up. They get per diems, plus millions, plus lavish food spreads. Anger management issues wreak havoc at home, domestically. Punching walks and doors. Broken hands, broken walls, and much more.

@thisistheshow said:
    I always enjoyed this kind of thing, but here's the reality. These guys are super spoiled. They make a mess everywhere and someone else cleans it up. They get per diems, plus millions, plus lavish food spreads. Anger management issues wreak havoc at home, domestically. Punching walks and doors. Broken hands, broken walls, and much more.

Yes, I remember when Odell Beckham threw a tantrum and punched a hole in a wall outside the Giants lockerroom. It turned out, Aaron Rodgers was inside the wall, he's lucky he didn't get hurt!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. It was a long time ago, but Al Kaline, slammed his bat in the dugout and broke his thumb. Missed a lot of games. 1968. Oh, well the Tigers were World Champs that year.....A long time ago.

Was He Ever Good!

Giants pitcher Brian Wilson beat the crap out of a water cooler.

edited June 5, 2022 2:15PM

Yes, and the water cooler that Brian Wilson attacked had to seek medical attention, it received a dozen or so stitches and was bandaged up.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tantrums like that are unprofessional, ridiculous, and unsafe. I forget who it was, the Giants I think, but one team had a guy flip out like this and the manager immediately ripped into the player and squashed the nonsense. There should be zero tolerance for it.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yes, I remember when Odell Beckham threw a tantrum and punched a hole in a wall outside the Giants lockerroom. It turned out, Aaron Rodgers was inside the wall, he's lucky he didn't get hurt!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as tantrums go, I feel
    It should be an “Unwritten rule” that using bats should be a no no

Also trashing the dugout only hurts your teammates.