Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

“Rough” cut question…potential grading

I pulled an Upper Deck Trevor Zegras Young Guns out of box earlier today. Based on the PSA registry, 170 have been graded with 157 receiving a 9 (100) or 10 (57). My question is about the rough cut/edge on the top right…for a 21-22 card, does that make it unworthy of grading? Overall the card looks nice but I won’t send it if it has no hope of getting anything above an 8. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Don't know if it's the Scan, but the bottom two corners look like they alone would keep it at about an 8 highest. As far as the Rough edge, since it's not a Vintage OPC, than I think that as well would keep it maybe even lower than an 8? But that, I think, could be fixed with an Exacto Knife, (Is That Allowable or is that considered Altering?) I don't know? I couldn't do it myself, but........

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback - here are some better pictures of those corners. I’ve seen a few 9s on eBay with similar corners.

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Send it back to Upper Deck and get a mint replacement, they need to be held accountable for their horrible QC the last couple years...

email qa@upperdeck.com to open a case

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

@Jayman1982 said:
    Send it back to Upper Deck and get a mint replacement, they need to be held accountable for their horrible QC the last couple years...

email qa@upperdeck.com to open a case

Good call - thanks for the suggestion. I just emailed them.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

If they won't replace it, just use a exacto knife, you aren't altering it, you are just giving it another run through the card cutter!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

Don't know if it's the Scan, but the bottom two corners look like they alone would keep it at about an 8 highest. As far as the Rough edge, since it's not a Vintage OPC, than I think that as well would keep it maybe even lower than an 8? But that, I think, could be fixed with an Exacto Knife, (Is That Allowable or is that considered Altering?) I don't know? I couldn't do it myself, but........

YeeHaw!

Neil

I don't get it. . .

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@Geoff76 said:
    Tip ‘o The cap to Jayman1982. I sent the card back to Upper Deck and they replaced it with a better one and threw in another Young Guns rookie. Appreciate it…I owe you a beer if we ever cross paths!

Congrats, I've always had a good experience with their QA!

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really impressive customer service from UD, congrats.