Home Sports Talk

Josh Allen has an awesome pregame ritual

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love these types of pregame rituals, it's fascinating to me.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wade Boggs used to eat chicken before every game.

edited June 2, 2022 6:56AM

Jason Giambi used to wear a golden thong panties to help him break hitting slumps.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

Brian Urlacher always had to eat two chocolate chip cookies before every game.

edited June 2, 2022 9:34AM

NHL goalie Ed Belfour didn't let any of his teammates touch his equipment before a game.

edited June 2, 2022 9:37AM

Phillies player Richie Ashburn would sleep with his bats to break a hitting slump.

"To cure a batting slump, I took my bat to bed with me. I wanted to know my bat a little better." -Richie Ashburn

Wayne Gretzky always put baby powder on the end of his sticks.

And now a word from our sponsors.

This thread is being brought to you by "puking", go ahead and get it out of your system!

@doubledragon said:

This thread is being brought to you by "puking", go ahead and get it out of your system!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Double D your working your butt off for the “LOL” record on CU!

@perkdog said:

Yes, I have a quota to meet every day, I like to get at least two LOLs a day. Thanks to you, I've already met my quota for the day!

NFL defensive tackle John Henderson likes to be slapped in the face before every game.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Yes, I have a quota to meet every day, I like to get at least two LOLs a day. Thanks to you, I've already met my quota for the day!

RickO has almost double DD at 14k. But the Dragon is closing in fast.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

RickO has almost double DD at 14k. But the Dragon is closing in fast.

Yes, RickO, great guy, I wish him all the luck in the world on keeping his record.

Vladimir Guerrero Sr. liked to have a filthy helmet.

For as long as Vladamir Guerrero has played Major League Baseball, he has always sported a dirty, pine tar covered helmet while at the plate. How it got that dirty is grosser than you may immediately think.

Guerrero's helmet is covered in dirt from the dugout, pine tar, and the spit of himself and his teammates. Before every season, Vlad leaves his helmet on the floor of the dugout while his teammates do whatever they want to it. As the season goes on, he adds more pine tar to it.

@doubledragon said:

For as long as Vladamir Guerrero has played Major League Baseball, he has always sported a dirty, pine tar covered helmet while at the plate. How it got that dirty is grosser than you may immediately think.

Guerrero's helmet is covered in dirt from the dugout, pine tar, and the spit of himself and his teammates. Before every season, Vlad leaves his helmet on the floor of the dugout while his teammates do whatever they want to it. As the season goes on, he adds more pine tar to it.

World class hitter. Fun to watch, in my opinion. Seemed like he could hit any pitch, anywhere in or out of the zone. Not afraid to swing.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

World class hitter. Fun to watch, in my opinion. Seemed like he could hit any pitch, anywhere in or out of the zone. Not afraid to swing.

Yes, I don't watch much baseball but I do remember him, I think his son is a pretty good hitter as well, although I'm not sure, because I don't know what baseball is.

I do remember Kevin Garnett used to bang his head on the goal post.

Turk Wendell would brush his teeth in the dugout.

@doubledragon said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂> @doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

I got you Double D, I’m going to help
    you get that LOL record!!

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂> @doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

I got you Double D, I’m going to help
    you get that LOL record!!

Thanks buddy, we're going to catch RickO 🍻!

Oh my god, I was doing some research and found out that Aaron Rodgers has a pregame ritual that is so disgusting, so sickening, so perverse, that it cannot be mentioned here. Shame on you Aaron Rodgers!

edited June 2, 2022 12:01PM

I know Lebron James does his baby powder thing before every game.

I did not know this, apparently Larry Bird used to rub his hands on his sneakers before every game.

Boston Celtics star Larry Bird was once asked why always rubbed his hands on his sneakers before a game. It was, he said, to give him "a better feel" for the ball.

Rafael Nadal, the king of clay court tennis, has to have all of his water bottles lined up with the labels facing the baseline where he is playing from.

Michael Jordan always wore his UNC Tar Heels shorts under his Chicago Bulls shorts, you can see the Carolina blue sticking out in the photos.

Tiger Woods always wears a Red shirt on Sunday because he decided before he turned pro that Red is his winning color.

And now, a final word from our sponsors.

This thread has been brought to you by the Aaron Rodgers pinata, when you feel like you need to beat something with a stick!

@doubledragon said:
    I did not know this, apparently Larry Bird used to rub his hands on his sneakers before every game.

Boston Celtics star Larry Bird was once asked why always rubbed his hands on his sneakers before a game. It was, he said, to give him "a better feel" for the ball.

Let me step in here. Someone correct me if these details are off. When Bird was in HS, I believe, they got a new basketball floor/court. The coach made everyone take their hands and wipe off the soles of the shoes before going into the court. It became a habit, and he continued doing it through his Celtics years.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Let me step in here. Someone correct me if these details are off. When Bird was in HS, I believe, they got a new basketball floor/court. The coach made everyone take their hands and wipe off the soles of the shoes before going into the court. It became a habit, and he continued doing it through his Celtics years.

I must admit, I'm impressed with your Larry Bird knowledge, I've bitten off more than I can chew on this one, well done sir.