Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980 Topps wax pack with Henderson showing

I have a wax pack with Henderson clearly showing on the back. What should I do with it? Should I sell it as is? Wait and have PSA eventually authenticate and grade before selling? I'm tempted to open it and hope the wax can be removed and grade at least an 8. Just want some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

take your wax pack to the Exchange.

• Options

I forgot to mention that the pack is in nice condition, with no holes or tears, but the gum is split in two. Half is stuck to the top card, and the other half is loose, but can be shaken back into place to fit perfectly with the other piece. Will PSA still grade it?

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

I would say definitely dont open it. I think the pack with him showing has a lot more value than your potential card. A long time ago I opened a decent bit of 1980 Topps and the Hendersons were usually pretty bad. That is why there are close to no 10s. 9s are very very hard to come by. The ones I pulled were PSA 7s and 8s. The pack has value with him showing. Maybe go buy a nice PSA 7 if you want the card but grade the pack.

• Options
    StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Don't open it, but I'm not sure I would have it graded either (could come back not graded). Sell it/trade it in for a good single card that's already graded. Agree that the Henderson Rookies are sort of like the Jerry Rice Rookies, very extremely rare grades above PSA 8.

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Just send it in to be graded, not like it will go down in value while you wait if it is returned NOT graded... I'd push the gum back together and then pack it in a way that the gum will not move..... Unfortunately PSA is going to reship it to BBCE, but maybe the gum won't move.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

there are tons of raw henderson rookies, not so much with unopened showing. i wouldn't open it

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.