Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Barry Bonds OPC 320 rookie card

Hi, I am very new to PSA grading. Want to submit a Barry Bonds card. Should I submit it by itself or with inerior same cards - will that help or hurt the better card.
Also how do I know what service to pay for as I dont know how the card will grade.
Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    DanS832DanS832 Posts: 44 ✭✭

• Options

Hi I meant submit this one by itself or with inferior cards

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

This card has a photo tilt and a fisheye, so I wouldn't expect it to be higher than an 8 - especially if that bottom right corner is showing some wear, I would wait until value prices come back before sending it in for grading. $50 is a little steep for a card like this.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Without seeing the corners, you've got an 8 and maybe a 7 on the OC one.... Even at $20 a pop plus shipping to submit,, it's a reach!

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA 6 or 7 IMO..... its his grail card aside from maybe the error card ....so no shame in that sub..... 50 bucks economy..... send it !

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DanS832 said:
    Hi, I am very new to PSA grading. Want to submit a Barry Bonds card. Should I submit it by itself or with inerior same cards - will that help or hurt the better card.
    Also how do I know what service to pay for as I dont know how the card will grade.
    Thank you in advance

It shouldn't matter.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cards! I would suggest if you are serious about submitting, and would like some help, that you buy a scanner.

Some really great guys here will help you, pictures like the ones you provided are hard to tell when you "need" a high grade to make submitting worthwhile.

On your question about submitting with inferior cards, I wouldn't do it. PSA is very good at what they do and I doubt that it will effect the grade on the card you have in mind.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

I will pull up a PSA 9 for you when I can. It’s a high res scan and you can see whether you think it’s worth it given the standard for these.