Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk
Options

Public Service Announcement

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Summer is fast approaching. Ant season. Do you have an ant issue? I've got the solution!

It's cheap and it is totally effective! Pour it around the outside of the house! See an ant hill? Pour some on it! Add a little water!...No more ants!

Forget everything else you have tried.....Take my word.

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use grub killer around the house foundation. Spread it around the base a few inches from the foundation. Water lightly, dampen, and it solves our problem.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man sets home on fire after using blowtorch to kill spiders.

A man who was house-sitting for his parents set their home on fire when he used a blowtorch to kill spiders, according to authorities.

Fire fighters responded to a 911 call about a fire Tuesday night at a home in Fresno, California.

The tenant of a two-story residential house β€œjust made a bad decision to use fire instead of insecticides to kill the spiders,”

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of β€œbuying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2022 7:09PM

@Alfonz24 said:
    Man sets home on fire after using blowtorch to kill spiders at a home in Fresno, California.

The tenant of a two-story residential house β€œjust made a bad decision

I believe it.....Fresno, California....... anything is possible there.......
    Many ,many years ago when I was a kid, I was a truck driver up around there. I was at a farm picking up pallets right outside Fresno....Well, there were these two guys that had a blowtorch and they were cutting the top off of a 55 gallon barrel........ I was watching them from quite a distance......... Anyway,....... next thing I see is an explosion and black smoke.......Lots of black smoke!...... Bottom line?.......There was oil or gas or something flammable in that barrel......... Those guys were goners!....Toast! It was on the radio news.....WHOA!.......I'll never forget it!

Yea,.....Bad Decision....... REAL BAD!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now look here, if anyone is underestimating the rodent species, I suggest you look at this footage, the mother mice are ripped, they'll just laugh at your effort to eliminate them.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Now look here, if anyone is underestimating the rodent species, I suggest you look at this footage, the mother mice are ripped, they'll just laugh at your effort to eliminate them.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, when I was living in rural Colorado, I came across a story in the local paper in the police blotter section. Police and fire had responded to a report of black smoke coming from the balcony of an apartment. Responding officers discovered the tenant GRILLING HIS BLUE JEANS. He was attempting to turn his blue jeans into black jeans. Fortunately, nothing was burned down but he got a ticket, I believe.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since this is a PSA thread, don't try this at home! πŸ˜‚ 🀣

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🀣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    Since this is a PSA thread, don't try this at home! πŸ˜‚ 🀣

I assume (know) that the bottom three photos are a joke. But the first one? The guy on a ladder working on the ceiling?..... That picture could very well be legit.....It looks to me like the guy is installing a fire sprinkler. That's part of what we do at the Hydrant business. There are these ridiculous high ceiling front entry rooms in houses in SoCal. Stupid. Our guys go out and do exactly what that idiot in the picture is doing. I tell the guys to never do those jobs. Too dangerous........ But who listens to me?

• Options

Pictures of idiots like these are all over the internet. All 4 are legitimate idiots! Meant as a joke but not very funny, if you're the one that falls. I don't believe any of them would pass OSHA code or regulations!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🀣 )

• Options

I've seen those photos on the Internet of construction workers doing crazy things...... But, you can't beat real life. The most insane dumb thing I ever saw?..........I was checking on a job at a hotel in Michigan. It was in Lansing or Grand Rapids? Anyway, an electrician was laying on the floor and working on one of those inset floor outlets. The thing was filled with water! And the carpet he was laying on was soaking wet from flooding. As he was reaching in to grab the wires, I yelled, "STOP!"..... It was to late. He got shocked really bad.......but.......HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!.....Well, after the second attempt he was knocked out. The ambulance came and took him away......Oh God!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

highlighting the conflict between wind farms and both bald and golden eagles pointedly fails to mention the number of such birds killed annually by collisions with the blades. While the Interior Department refuses to release the actual number, most estimates by both industry and environmental groups put the number of those deaths at between 300 and 500 per year.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of β€œbuying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:

highlighting the conflict between wind farms and both bald and golden eagles pointedly fails to mention the number of such birds killed annually by collisions with the blades. While the Interior Department refuses to release the actual number, most estimates by both industry and environmental groups put the number of those deaths at between 300 and 500 per year.

Wind farms, like many other such things, are a scam and part of a giant lie.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Alfonz24 said:

And all those propeller are made petroleum! What a joke!! 🀣 πŸ˜‚

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Alfonz24 said:

The petroleum based products used to manufacture and install and maintain a wind turbine consumes more kilowatt hours of energy than all the energy the turbine will produce in it's working lifetime......It's a scam.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Alfonz24 said:

The petroleum based products used to manufacture and install and maintain a wind turbine consumes more kilowatt hours of energy than all the energy the turbine will produce in it's working lifetime......It's a scam.

Plus, how many birds have those turbines killed??

• Options
    edited June 2, 2022 12:41PM

@OAKSTAR said:

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Alfonz24 said:

Plus, how many birds have those turbines killed??

Yes, estimates are 500 every year. But that's just eagles. I live in a wildlife nature preserve. Originally it was set aside as a Bald Eagle preserve. I love to watch the birds every day. They're smart ,they're cleaver, and they're beautiful. And.....friendly..... Even the Bald Eagles.....no matter how ferocious they appear......We Are All God's Creatures.

• Options
    omgjediomgjedi Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I worked at a refinery for several years that had one of the higher safety ratings in the world (being it was in California) and you could pretty much bet that any given day driving around you would see stuff like what's been listed above and more. Not to mention when they would do major scheduled maintenance where the workforce would be 10 times what it was for normal operations and every job was a rush job. Lots of respect for scaffolders climbing off the sides of 100+ foot tall towers for practically minimum wage.

• Options
    edited June 3, 2022 4:58PM

>