Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

SGC Bargain

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

This card is a low pop 1973 high number, and PSA 9s have auctioned anywhere from $100-400+ over the last several years.

I got this SGC 96 for $25. Looks like a great example, even has a centered back. Great card without the registry tax! 😄

ETA: only noticed the red to the left of his head after looking at the pic I posted. Doesn’t really bother me, but I wonder if that would merit a PD qualifier? 🤔

Comments

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not know this card enough to know if it is a common defect - does it stand out on the card or just on the scan? Sometimes scanner picks up stuff that you can barely see on the card.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is visible on the card, but nowhere near as prominent as the photo makes it look. I looked at all the other copies of this card on eBay and saw maybe 4 that had the same issue to varying degrees.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would totally be a flip of the coin when it comes to the pd. That blue dot on the upper far right stands out to me as well. Did you notice that blue dot on the others you have observed with the excess red print? The centering and corners look really strong.

@PaulMaul said:
    It is visible on the card, but nowhere near as prominent as the photo makes it look. I looked at all the other copies of this card on eBay and saw maybe 4 that had the same issue to varying degrees.

The blue dot is on all or almost all copies of this card, independent of the red area.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

About an inch down on left edge...is that damage?

Nope, I don’t see any damage.