Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1909S-VDB Counterfeit Source!!! (Link Included)

MarkW63MarkW63 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2022 7:26AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Seller is selling what they're calling "Re-strikes" of several different coins!
Seller claims them to be original size and weight!
These coins ARE NOT stamped or marked COPY or DUP!
Lets work to get these taken down before they sell anymore of these counterfeits!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/403683122886?hash=item5dfd639ec6:g:XwIAAOSw8eFikFT8

"I Prefer Dangerous Freedom Over Peaceful Slavery"
Thomas Jefferson!

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, the seller has several listings that need to be removed. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/besture/m.html?item=403683122886&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is dangerous! Seller is from Australia. Among others, listing has 1916 Liberty Standing Quarter.

• Options

@DisneyFan said:
    This is dangerous! Seller is from Australia. Among others, listing has 1916 Liberty Standing Quarter.

Agreed! they state these as RARE! restrikes!
    In a background channel it was pointed out that on its POSSIBLE that some pictured items MAY not be of the coin you receive!
    I'm still looking over the images of the SVDB, I see some things wrong but if that's an image of what they're selling its what I would call a really good FAKE!

Thomas Jefferson!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a common occurrence now, on ebay, etsy, craigslist and most every unenforced media sales avenue. They are either rare restrikes, commemoratives, copies and several other words that warn they are not genuine, which probably makes it legal. Don't know the difference in a copy or a restrike legal definition. Getting completely out of hand. I found a website from China that sells any rare coin counterfeit for $2 and cheaper the more you buy(I'm talking hundreds). Shipping is $1 or $4 for tracking. Unreal. Methinks we are in for a tough ride.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    Reported.

Still there!

• Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

@MarkW63 said:
    Seller is selling what they're calling "Re-strikes" of several different coins!
    Seller claims them to be original size and weight!
    These coins ARE NOT stamped or marked COPY or DUP!
    Lets work to get these taken down before they sell anymore of these counterfeits!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/403683122886?hash=item5dfd639ec6:g:XwIAAOSw8eFikFT8

Hello. What clued you in that this was counterfeit?

• Options

@alpha33 said:
    Is nothing sacred anymore!

Not when there’s a lot of money to be made.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those pictures look familiar - hasn't the seller (or another seller name) used them before to peddle his fakes? Oh well, nevermind, page taken down already - Great job!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@rokky
    Well it was the title not the coin. He stated it to be a restrike.
    I sent them a message asking if the images was one of the restrikes or was it a generic image.
    He replied and I quote!
    "You'll Get A 1909S VDB"
    So its being figured that the images is likely of a genuine coin, the buyer is getting something else.

Thomas Jefferson!

• Options

Ok, the coin in the photo looks genuine to me. Bait and switch is what it is then. Very happy the listing/s were removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file