Home Sports Talk

Got an email from Directv comping me the 2022 NFL Sunday Ticket Max

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have no clue why they'd do that, but I'm glad to take it. Anyone else get this, or know why I got this freebie? Gotta be a random thing.

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't had cable or satellite in about a decade. I'm just living vicariously through some of you big spenders here. lol

As for your question, this article from last year seems to answer the question. https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland/directv-offers-free-season-sunday-ticket-some-customers-191540

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I haven't had cable or satellite in about a decade. I'm just living vicariously through some of you big spenders here. lol

As for your question, this article from last year seems to answer the question. https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland/directv-offers-free-season-sunday-ticket-some-customers-191540

Tks, good article.

In addition to Directv with a level up from basic, I also have Amazon Prime Video. Surprisingly, there is a plethora of included programming one can enjoy and not be peppered by the unending pillow commericals, which immediately find me reaching for the mute button on my remote. In addition to what seems like a zillion "free", other than the annual fee, of programming, there is a very inteteresting option in Prime Video called "The Great Courses Signature Collection Subscription", which is $8 per month. For this paltry sum, you can enjoy lectures by professors from well known universities.
    In an attempt to keep my "little gray cells" (think Poirot), active, I've enjoyed some math topics, like Geometry (flashing back to High School), the Universe and truly a host of other interesting topics. The subjects are well done and very informative, as are the graphics and lecture material.

However, I do appreciate your being "unplugged" for so long, just not sure I could do that.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

My zenith broke in 1986. 36 years of no telly. Too broke to get another one
    Keep up the good reporting fellas.

Have a nice day
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a nice surprise Al!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pure luck I guess.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before the season starts this year I’m threatening to cancel Directv. Our monthly bill is north of $180 and that doesn’t include the $300+ come football time. We’ve found ourselves streaming about 90% of the time. ( Yes even a 66 year old can get with the times). I would wager we’ll get the package for free even though I’m dropping 60% of my packages. We’ll see.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.