Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on hologram cert...

Hi, i dont buy many modern autographed cards so I'm not very familiar with holograms certs on back of cards. There is a Wayne Gretzky card I have interest in that has a hologram with example BAG12345 as the 1st 3 letters followed by 5 numbers. Is this an Upper Deck Authentic hologram? Or something else? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2022 1:50PM

my 1996 Penny Hardaway SPx (upper deck) auto has a hologram sticker beginning with BADXXXXX, so im going to assume this is similar to what you're talking about. yes, these are upper deck authentication stickers that came on factory autographed cards, similar to the Topps squircle ones back in the early 2000's.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Thank you very much!

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@dtmodel Upper Deck Authenticated has an 800 service center telephone number that you can call and tell them the number on the item. They can confirm the item to be authentic for you on the call. And this is true for both their issued items, or items that they authenticated in person. I used it recently and they were very helpful.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gretzky is upper deck exclusive for the past 15 years or so. Before that he would do private signings through WGA.

It’s much smarter to get Upper Deck signed cards then TPG authenticated ones. Unless that slabbed card’s seller is offering the WGA certificate along with the encapsulated card.

• Options
    dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Thank you all for your help!