Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

AAA Absolute Authentics COA

ONaRollONaRoll Posts: 10 ✭✭

I purchased a Harmon Killebrew autographed pinstripe Twins jersey in May 2011, with the signature authenticated by Absolute Authentics. The COA certifies it was signed in the presence of an Absolute Authentics Autographs representative.

In 2011 this item was able to be verified using the assigned cert # on the Absolute Authentics website. Today I decided to pull the jersey from storage and when I attempted to verify the Cert# on the website, I found the site no longer exists (www.AbsoluteAuthentics.com).

Would anyone know what happened to this authenticator and what recourse I might have to prove it's authenticity to someone?

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery I stumbled upon this Great Forum and learned I had received the 2008-W ASE with 2007 Reverse from the U.S. Mint.

Answers

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ONaRoll said:
    I purchased a Harmon Killebrew autographed pinstripe Twins jersey in May 2011..........

That's the month and year that Killebrew died. Doesn't mean anything, just pointing it out.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2022 7:54PM

@nam812 said:

@ONaRoll said:
    I purchased a Harmon Killebrew autographed pinstripe Twins jersey in May 2011..........

That's the month and year that Killebrew died. Doesn't mean anything, just pointing it out.

Yes he died May 17, 2011 and I was surprised since I had just paid for it 5/16/2011 on ebay. I don't know when it was signed but I do have the receipt only 1 day prior to his passing.

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery I stumbled upon this Great Forum and learned I had received the 2008-W ASE with 2007 Reverse from the U.S. Mint.
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭

Will probably have to PSA or BGS it to make it fully legit, since AAA was probably just some rando company selling auto'd stuff. Maybe even signed themselves and put a nice sticker on it!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    Will probably have to PSA or BGS it to make it fully legit, since AAA was probably just some rando company selling auto'd stuff. Maybe even signed themselves and put a nice sticker on it!

That does not make it fully legit. It is only their opinion.

The autopen has allowed Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle to sign more after their death than before.

Dark Prescott was accused of using it for his obligation with panini.

Google autopen and sports memorabilia.

BGS and PSA can’t guarantee anything. They only give an opinion.

• Options
    edited May 25, 2022 5:04AM

@Goldenage said:

The autopen has allowed Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle to sign more after their death than before.

I see your point. The autopen makes a case for "in person" only would be legit.
    When googled Harmon Killebrew autograph, this from PSA

Harmon Killebrew | PSA AutographFacts
    https://www.psacard.com/autographfacts/baseball/harmon-killebrew/163

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful item! Looks legit.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

@RufussCkingston said:

Let me rephrase..... Makes it legit in the minds of some potential buyers/collectors

We all know that a PSA 10 is not fully legit, just some grader's opinion! ;)