Home Sports Talk
Options

Toxicology Report: Steelers’ Dwayne Haskins Was Legally Intoxicated When Struck and Killed

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was legally intoxicated when he was struck and killed by a dump truck on a Florida interstate, according to a toxicology report.

Haskins, 24, had been in South Florida training with his Steelers teammates in anticipation of competing for the starting quarterback job. On April 8, Haskins had spent the evening at a club drinking “heavily,” according to the report. Then, in the early morning hours of April 9, the Ohio State product left his vehicle and began walking across the westbound lanes of I-595 when he was struck by a dump truck near the media of the center lane.
The autopsy report officially listed the cause of death as blunt force trauma and ruled it an accident. A toxicology report released on Monday revealed that Haskins had a blood alcohol level of .20, and another fluid showed an alcohol level of .24.

Florida’s legal blood alcohol limit is .08.

“Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that can be used as a medical anesthetic but can also be used as recreational drugs,” the Miami Herald reports. “The toxicology report does not give any indication of why the drugs would have been in his system.’

In a 911 call to dispatchers in Pittsburgh, Haskins’ wife said that her husband had left his vehicle searching for gas. A Medical Examiner report conducted in Florida revealed that a female companion in Haskins’ vehicle also said that he had gone looking for gas.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dwayne Haskins was a good young man, I feel bad for him and his family that he had problems in his life like that.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I figured as much. sober people tend not to attempt to walk across interstates.

I wonder who the female companion was? as I recall, this all happened quite early in the morning. I would imagine my wife would be quite upset if I were to be 3 times over the legal limit, with other drugs in my system with an unnamed female driving with me in my car.

Was Haskins the one operating the vehicle while 3x over the legal limit?

I think this story is a little more complicated than we know.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

At 7 AM on the way to practice with a female companion. Hmmm

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    At 7 AM on the way to practice with a female companion. Hmmm

While his WIFE was at home .....

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"