Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

I’ve learned a Lot!

Honestly, I’m in awe of the knowledge and sense of humor here! I’ve learned, just by going through bills in my purse, a few things about these bills. MAYBE some errors, but nothing like the ones I’ve see here, wow! I do hope I’m downloading these pics correctly.

Comments

• Options
    JJewlzJJewlz Posts: 19

I forgot the FUN number. I apologize for the above I un cropped pics, Newbie!

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing. I think I can safely say that every one of the notes you posted have post-BEP stampings, graffiti and random marks.

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

There are two basic types of markings here. The first is a teller stamp, which while often aimed at the band around a pack of notes, partially misses the band and hits the note on the top of the pack. These often appear as black lines (part of the frame) not too far from the portrait on the front of the note. The second is a chop (or cashier or teller) mark, which is a small picture, initials, or number identifying the teller who checked if the note was counterfeit or who simply counted the notes. You show one that's an oval on the back of one of the $100's.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Thanks for sharing. I think I can safely say that every one of the notes you posted have post-BEP stampings, graffiti and random marks.

+1

• Options
    JJewlzJJewlz Posts: 19

Thank you all for looking and replying! Your observations and explanations make perfect sense. That means I can spend the money on some coins ha! I did forget to send a pic of a bill with stars… Are star bills in general a good idea to keep?
    Thanks again for all your help!