Home Q & A Forum
Options

2019 w Washington River of no return

Too bad it's in this condition question is what's it worth?

Comments

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a dollar or two.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Where did you get it?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    MenzaMenza Posts: 84

Hi oakstar as I stated in another post I got an ice machine spits out quarters and $1 coins I got some excellent looking president Jackson dollars a while back they could be almost uncirculated but being out of the ice machine they are circulated lol. The w I got out of a laundromat I figure I have access to these why not jump on it. Will the w be worth more with bird nest on the reverse

• Options

@Menza said:
    Hi oakstar as I stated in another post I got an ice machine spits out quarters and $1 coins I got some excellent looking president Jackson dollars a while back they could be almost uncirculated but being out of the ice machine they are circulated lol. The w I got out of a laundromat I figure I have access to these why not jump on it. Will the w be worth more with bird nest on the reverse

Your coin is worth a few dollars in that condition. Not sure what your bird nest reference is.

It's a shame these W's are rapidly deteriorating in circulation. I guess that's what circulation does to you.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is bad condition. However it is 1 of 2,000,000 quarters. Keep it, you may never find another. nice find.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Thought I'd let you know I sold it for eight bucks not too shabby

• Options

You can really start seeing them starting to deteriorate in circulation. 🥲

• Options

Wonder what they look like in 10 more years

• Options

@Menza said:
    Wonder what they look like in 10 more years

Not good.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

What these coins will look like in 10 years nobody really knows. Circulation a coin can look mighty different from one point of the next when I go through rolls of nickels, I find nickels that are almost AU in the '60s. The most current one I found is a 1963 and it looks really really nice. The condition just depends on the journey that the coin takes while in circulation could be a coin that is very little circulation and could be a parking lot fine. Only time will tell.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Only time will tell gracias amigo.. - -??