Home Sports Talk
Options

14 NFL teams that will not make the playoffs

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are 14 NFL teams that are strongly predicted to not make the playoffs for the 2022 NFL season, if you see your team on this list, please try to be patient, there's always the 2023 season!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 19, 2022 5:45AM

Atlanta Falcons:

The ingredients for improvement are not on the roster for Atlanta. The Falcons dealt Matt Ryan. They go into the season with a fragile Marcus Mariota and Desmond Ridder at QB. Julio Jones is long gone. Calvin Ridley is suspended. This all adds up to a low win total and another high draft pick.

• Options

Carolina Panthers:

The mix of players in Carolina, and the tension Matt Rhule faces, will not lead the Panthers anywhere other than in a battle of the bottom of the NFC South with the Atlanta Falcons. These were two easy calls.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon don't you dare put the Patriots in this thread

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon don't you dare put the Patriots in this thread

I'm sorry, but I have no control over this list, it has already been put together by a third party expert, I haven't looked at the whole list yet, it's in the form of a slide thingy. I know how you feel though, I'm scared to look at the rest of the list myself, how am I going to explain it to Mustache Jones if his Cowboys are on the list!

• Options

Oh no, my apologies to galaxy27!

Chicago Bears:

Matt Eberblus is stepping into a rebuild in Chicago and it remains to be seen if Justin Fields will become everything the Bears hoped for when they traded up to draft him. The only plus for Chicago is the NFC North is weak except for Green Bay. The rest of their 2022 foes will put many dents in the Monsters of the Midway.

• Options
    edited May 19, 2022 5:46AM

Detroit Lions:

The Lions will get better but they are in no position to threaten for a wild-card berth in the NFC. Baby steps for Dan Campbell. Look for improvement, but not a giant.

• Options

New York Giants:

This is a season of change for Brian Daboll. He has to see what players on the Big Blue roster should stay (and go) and then start to remedy the ills. Daniel Jones has to deliver big-time or he will be done. Don't be surprised if there are double-digit losses in 2022 for the Giants

• Options

Minnesota Vikings:

If you get the picture the NFC North isn't going to scare other teams in the NFL, you are correct. No reason to believe the change in the front office and at coach will overcome having Kirk Cousins at QB. Look for more mediocrity.

• Options

Was the above possibly a trick play/wildcat formation?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Was the above possibly a trick play/wildcat formation?

Nope, just Kirk Cousins being Kirk Cousins.

• Options

Seattle Seahawks:

As great a coach as Pete Carroll is, he can't turn around the Seahawks, who need major reconstructive surgery.

• Options

Jacksonville Jaguars:

Next.

• Options

New York Jets:

Everyone is thrilled by the moves the Jets made in free agency and through the draft. That feels like a script written many times... only to be rejected by having to live up to expectations. Robert Saleh could see his team duel with Miami for third in the AFC East and that's about it.

• Options

Washington Commanders:

"Carson Wentz reporting for duty sir!"

• Options

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Mike Tomlin isn't in as bad a spot as Pete Carroll. It is similar, though, as he has a hole at quarterback that isn't going to be filled by Mitchell Trubisky or rookie Kenny Pickett. The Steelers will stay in most games but the offensive shortcomings will be their demise.

• Options

Houston Texans:

With second year quarterback Davis Mills taking over, it is highly unlikely that the Houston Texans will make the playoffs, after all, they are the Houston Texans.

• Options

New Orleans Saints:

Starting quarterback Jameis Winston has just proven to be too inconsistent to think the Saints have much of a chance.

• Options

I think that you are being a bit too disparaging in your depiction of Wentz

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

You're right, I'll be a little bit nicer.

• Options

The 14th and final team that will miss the playoffs is....

*Cleveland Browns:

The asterisk is simple. If the Cleveland Browns lose Deshaun Watson for any more than 4 games, their playoff chances evaporate. If the quarterback somehow escapes without a suspension, then the Browns will be in the thick of it with the Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals in the NFC North. His absence for an extended period would doom the Cleveland season.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to admit it

• Options

Have faith Patriot nation, they can't stop the Mac Attack next season. By the way, these awesome T-shirts are available at online retailers, but you'll have to hurry because they're selling like hotcakes!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick Wright predicted the Bears will go 11-6. 😳
    I still remember when he said Josh Allen sucked.
    Vegas has the Bears at 7-10. IMO they’ll be hard pressed to reach 6-11.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Have faith Patriot nation, they can't stop the Mac Attack next season. By the way, these awesome T-shirts are available at online retailers, but you'll have to hurry because they're selling like hotcakes!

That’s an awesome shirt!!!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

You're right, I'll be a little bit nicer.