Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Rare original Nightmare on elm Street 3 Thailand poster real or fake?

Jimk_5447Jimk_5447 Posts: 27

I recently bought an rare original vintage Nightmare on elm Street 3 (released in 1987) Thai poster off eBay. It looks legit to me I'm just wondering what other people think Does it look like an original vintage poster? It came rolled not folded

Comments

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Wow,

I see we purged all my answers, must not have liked my Posters. Sorry bout that!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• What? You have some awesome posters.no the first poster was a French poster a few weeks ago and it was a very helpful good answer (I voted it the best) this is a different poster this one is a Thai poster> @thedutymon11 said:

Wow,

I see we purged all my answers, must not have liked my Posters. Sorry bout that!

YeeHaw!

Neil

edited May 19, 2022 8:55AM

My Bad,

Just assumed it was the same thread. Anyway as for this This poster, the first question you have to ask yourself " Would somebody actually spend the money and time to counterfeit this Poster?" and have access to a Multiplate Printing Press. The answer is most likely a Firm No. If I was to fake a Nightmare III Poster it would be one of the US versions that are fairly rare varieties. With Nightmare III I think there are at least 10-15 different US One Sheets of this movie, some are very hard to come by! Some of these can sell for upwards of $800-&1000 in mint Mint condition!

As a point of caution, nobody should Ever Ever buy US Friday the 13th First movie posters from certain dealers on E-bay unless you know what your doing, and not bragging, but I do. They are literally printing them as they are ordered and one listing even tells you this in their listing! They call them New Old Stock or some such BS! One way to tell is that they have never been folded. Sadly they have introduced so many Unfolded to the mix, unless its age appropriate folding, to me its not real. Almost ALL 41"x 27" One Sheets were folded to send to theaters in Manilla Envelopes. They should ALL have 8 each equal folded sections. 1/2 Sheets 28"X22" come in Folded and Unfolded....I don't know why? I keep track of mine and define by Folded or Not, out of 148 each, only three are unfolded. One is a modern Poster, Let The Right One In 2007, where they realized Unfolded would have a premium, one is my Hellraiser One Movie that I know is real but was never folded, but is Legit, and one that I suspect somebody may have printed it when I ordered, which is the Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, but is the same, so will do for now!

Poster looks good and as I said with International then can be in many sizes! I assume your buying the Forghein ones due to the Cost being a portion of the US version?

YeeHaw!

Neil

• @thedutymon11 said:
    My Bad,

Just assumed it was the same thread. Anyway as for this This poster, the first question you have to ask yourself " Would somebody actually spend the money and time to counterfeit this Poster?" and have access to a Multiplate Printing Press. The answer is most likely a Firm No. If I was to fake a Nightmare III Poster it would be one of the US versions that are fairly rare varieties. With Nightmare III I think there are at least 10-15 different US One Sheets of this movie, some are very hard to come by! Some of these can sell for upwards of $800-&1000 in mint Mint condition!

As a point of caution, nobody should Ever Ever buy US Friday the 13th First movie posters from certain dealers on E-bay unless you know what your doing, and not bragging, but I do. They are literally printing them as they are ordered and one listing even tells you this in their listing! They call them New Old Stock or some such BS! One way to tell is that they have never been folded. Sadly they have introduced so many Unfolded to the mix, unless its age appropriate folding, to me its not real. Almost ALL 41"x 27" One Sheets were folded to send to theaters in Manilla Envelopes. They should ALL have 8 each equal folded sections. 1/2 Sheets 28"X22" come in Folded and Unfolded....I don't know why? I keep track of mine and define by Folded or Not, out of 148 each, only three are unfolded. One is a modern Poster, Let The Right One In 2007, where they realized Unfolded would have a premium, one is my Hellraiser One Movie that I know is real but was never folded, but is Legit, and one that I suspect somebody may have printed it when I ordered, which is the Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, but is the same, so will do for now!

Poster looks good and as I said with International then can be in many sizes! I assume your buying the Forghein ones due to the Cost being a portion of the US version?

YeeHaw!

Neil

No problem, ya I checked before I ordered it the size it should be (measurements) iys pretty the same as what it's supposed to be . I ordered it from oversees ( I showed a a picture of it) it's a rare original vintage poster. Both a picture of the front and the back. Thanks

• @thedutymon11 said:
    My Bad,

YeeHaw!

Neil

I'm not able to vote for a best answer. But if I could it would be yours. Thanks again

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    My Bad,

YeeHaw!

Neil

Neil,

That is some great info. Thank you!

BC

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

As some other board members have mentioned previously, Freddy’s defeat at the hands of Don Dokken in the Dream Warriors video is considered legitimate NOES canon.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.

Afternoon,

So because I got curious I looked at the listings for the Friday the 13th Posters on E-bay. Currently by my assessment there are no more than 4 Absolute Real 1980 Vintage Posters for Sale ( And I would have to do more Due Diligence to confirm this), 2 more that at first glance look questionable (And most likely are Fake/Reprint), and 4 Out Right Fake/Reprints, and the final two have A 3rd Party Authentication of Signatures, but in both cases the poster looks reprinted!.

PS, the Spanish version for $90 bucks looks Cooler than Cool, I might just buy it, like I need another Poster like a hole in my head!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Fake

• @thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

So because I got curious I looked at the listings for the Friday the 13th Posters on E-bay. Currently by my assessment there are no more than 4 Absolute Real 1980 Vintage Posters for Sale ( And I would have to do more Due Diligence to confirm this), 2 more that at first glance look questionable (And most likely are Fake/Reprint), and 4 Out Right Fake/Reprints, and the final two have A 3rd Party Authentication of Signatures, but in both cases the poster looks reprinted!.

PS, the Spanish version for $90 bucks looks Cooler than Cool, I might just buy it, like I need another Poster like a hole in my head!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Ya unfortunately I'm not quite sure what to look for in a poster to tell if it's real or not. At least like you said this poster I have is real. I don't really like the 3rd parties coa signatures. Good luck with finding some new Friday the 13 posters

@Jimk_5447 said:

Ya unfortunately I'm not quite sure what to look for in a poster to tell if it's real or not. At least like you said this poster I have is real. I don't really like the 3rd parties coa signatures. Good luck with finding some new Friday the 13 posters.

Well if your looking at any Posters and have an interest just PM me and I'll try and steer ya in the right direction!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• @thedutymon11 said:

@Jimk_5447 said:

Ya unfortunately I'm not quite sure what to look for in a poster to tell if it's real or not. At least like you said this poster I have is real. I don't really like the 3rd parties coa signatures. Good luck with finding some new Friday the 13 posters.

Well if your looking at any Posters and have an interest just PM me and I'll try and steer ya in the right direction!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Thanks although I'm not right now. I really appreciate that and I'll remember that. I'm still trying to pay off these posters. But I might do that down the road. Thanks again

• I just had the poster custom framed. Hopefully it'll keep or increase its value down the road