Home Sports Talk
Options

Can someone explain what cancel culture is?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 18, 2022 3:25PM in Sports Talk

I hear some athletes talk about cancel culture, what exactly does that mean, I don't understand all of this 2020s stuff.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's what I would do to you if I could... But,....then I would have All Hell to pay with The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant because she would miss your dumb Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaw threads....But if it wasn't for that I would...... CANCEL YOU!

• Options

NOT REALLY.😁

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    It's what I would do to you if I could... But,....then I would have All Hell to pay with The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant because she would miss your dumb Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaw threads....But if it wasn't for that I would...... CANCEL YOU!

Have you been hanging out with the woke mob again Grasshopper, whatever the woke mob is!

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

What .....Did .... You ..... Just ..... Say???????

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar to getting a group to boycott.

Cancel culture or call-out culture is a contemporary phrase used to refer to a form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person. Those subject to this ostracism are said to have been "cancelled"

Check out Grant Napear, who was cancelled.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Similar to getting a group to boycott.

Cancel culture or call-out culture is a contemporary phrase used to refer to a form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person. Those subject to this ostracism are said to have been "cancelled"

Check out Grant Napear, who was cancelled.

Very interesting, it seems like you can't do anything these days without upsetting someone. I can't keep up with this 2020s stuff, I can't even keep up with Pokemon anymore!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically if you do something that is against the agenda of liberal thinking you will never get a job, you will be blackballed and erased from ever being seen or heard again.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2022 1:00PM

You will find out soon enough when they cancel this thread hahaha!!! It is just another form on social control to keep people in line and busy thinking about stupid stuff does that answer your question? One party trying to control you while the other party does the same and then blame one and other. I call it the human condition of the never ending story of look at me look at me while they play their true games in hiding.

Keeping you busy with mindless and useless stuff. So you never know up from down and left from right. Control threw chaos and division. Eventually you realize they are on the same side and just wasting your precious time. Good versus evil more like evil versus evil. They think we are all just fools that is the bottom line.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

I think I'm starting to understand. I wonder if stevek was cancelled by the culture? 🤔

• Options
    edited May 18, 2022 1:26PM

@doubledragon said:
    I think I'm starting to understand. I wonder if stevek was cancelled by the culture? 🤔

Be happy you don't understand sometimes ignorance is bliss. And I do not mean this in any way shape or form as insulting. That means in some way you are free. And the point of most of these social things is to make not free.

This way they are not renting space in your head for free as per their objective. In simpler terms use your brain or someone else will gladly use it for you (again the bottom line is control).

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@doubledragon said:

Be happy you don't understand sometimes ignorance is bliss. And I do not mean this in any way shape or form as insulting. That means in some way you are free. And the point of most of these social things is to make not free.

This way they are not renting space in your head for free as per their objective. In simpler terms use your brain or someone else will gladly use it for you (again the bottom line is control).

Yes, I think I would rather not know, I don't want them inside my head, messing with me. I don't know what cancel culture means, and nobody better explain it to me!

• Options
    edited May 18, 2022 1:47PM

Still, I can't help but wonder what happened to stevek? 🤔

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, I think I would rather not know, I don't want them inside my head, messing with me. I don't know what cancel culture means, and nobody better explain it to me!

Hahaha now that is the spirit!!!

• Options
    edited May 18, 2022 2:02PM

People try and find all sorts of ways to cope with the hard realities of life. For some life is to brutal and they want to change it by changing others to make it easier on themselves. It can be OK I guess in certain areas of life but at some point you have to become an adult mentally/emotionally and understand life is not fair for most of us and it has always been so and will remain so for most things.

There is no utopia for all here on Earth that is just a pipe dream. The only place were a utopia exists is in the land of theory.

• Options
    edited May 18, 2022 2:43PM

@doubledragon said:

........I think I would rather not know, I don't know what cancel culture means, and nobody better explain it to me!

Dragon Master....LOWLY GRASSHOPPER JUST DID EXPLAIN IT TO YOU........ BECAUSE YOU ASKED....PLEASE FORGIVE GRASSHOPPER...

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Steve canceled himself. All he had to do was be reasonable and understandable about his post and it would have been fine, it wasn’t a big deal. He made it into a big deal

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Steve canceled himself. All he had to do was be reasonable and understandable about his post and it would have been fine, it wasn’t a big deal. He made it into a big deal

Who's Steve....I think I know..... please tell.....

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will find out soon enough when they cancel this thread hahaha!!! It is just another form on social control to keep people in line and busy thinking about stupid stuff does that answer your question? One party trying to control you while the other party does the same and then blame one and other. I call it the human condition of the never ending story of look at me look at me while they play their true games in hiding.

Keeping you busy with mindless and useless stuff. So you never know up from down and left from right. Control threw chaos and division. Eventually you realize they are on the same side and just wasting your precious time. Good versus evil more like evil versus evil. They think we are all just fools that is the bottom line.

Spot on. It's one "distraction" or "crisis" after another.

• Options
    edited May 18, 2022 3:15PM

@LandrysFedora said:

Spot on. It's one "distraction" or "crisis" after another.

And ALWAYS will be as it has mostly ever been in human history. At some point just live your life enjoy what you can and try to have a bit of fun along the way.

This discussion has been closed.