Home Sports Talk
Options

if you think prices attached to the big 4 are shockingly excessive....

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

.....check out the adult beverage menu at the PGA Championship in Tulsa this week

it even caught JT's attention and he felt compelled to sound off

i think 18$ for an Ultra is a sign that the end of civilization is near

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's ridiculous, basically 18x markup.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2022 8:35AM

A can of beer at SoFi Stadium is $18.50. It doesn't stop anybody. And, at SoFi cash is not accepted at any food or drink venue. Or for souvineers. Just credit or debit cards are accepted. I think it's a ruse to get people to buy more beer and stuff. i.e.; The average Joe doesn't have $18.50 in cash to buy a beer(s). But Hey!, just pull out the plastic and problem solved! Get sloshed now and pay for the headache later! It's a vast and deep conspiracy.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

My grandmother (RIP) was great. Very loving with a sense of humor that could be misinterpreted if you didn't know it always came from a place of love. When I was young, and I was thirsty at an inopportune time, she would tell me to "swallow my spit". I have a feeling that if she was the one who was tasked with buying me a six dollar Auqafina, she'd be telling me to do just that.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2022 9:05AM

Just fill it up at home with liquor before the game.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    My grandmother (RIP) was great. Very loving with a sense of humor that could be misinterpreted if you didn't know it always came from a place of love. When I was young, and I was thirsty at an inopportune time, she would tell me to "swallow my spit". I have a feeling that if she was the one who was tasked with buying me a six dollar Auqafina, she'd be telling me to do just that.

My mother and aunt always said the same thing, " Swallow your spit.".......my grandma would say, "Suck on a rock."...... Oh, well....At the time the wells had run dry here and the only water we had was a big 100 (?) gallon barrel......So, we didn't waste water. Nice part was that the men working at the lake built a special pipe line and faucet by the lake just for our family..... Free water!...That pipe is still there. Now it is a drinking fountain for travelers......But, nobody knows it's there except me.

• Options
    edited May 17, 2022 9:50AM

@doubledragon said:

And,...At SoFi they do not allow people to bring in bottled water. Keeps folks from smuggling in vodka, gin, etc. and of course it boosts sales in the stadium for overpriced bottled water and booze. They got all the bases covered. It's a vast and deep conspiracy.
    But they haven't figured out yet how to detect a plastic hip flask. Give 'em time.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

and Phil was blackballed because he was "greedy" for wanting a release to play on another tour.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

And,...At SoFi they do not allow people to bring in bottled water. Keeps folks from smuggling in vodka, gin, etc. and of course it boosts sales in the stadium for overpriced bottled water and booze. They got all the bases covered. It's a vast and deep conspiracy.
    But they haven't figured out yet how to detect a plastic hip flask. Give 'em time.

I always thought the story of the $20 stadium beer was a myth, you know, kind of like the story of the Loch Ness monster giving Bigfoot piggyback rides, but that turned out to be true!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone will eventually get around to stating the high price is related to covid/supply chain issues.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2022 3:31AM

Wine at $13 is shocking, that’s pretty much market value at most decent restaurants. Maybe $11 so $2 more is not too crazy, however based on the beer prices I would have thought that $25 a glass or excuse me $25 for an 8 ounce plastic cup would be listed

The beer prices are stupid