Home Sports Talk

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, RIP.

Secondly, In my opinion.... When looking at things like this, it is wise to look for interconnection but also very easy to inaccurately generalize. I am almost certain that someone who wanted to could find a connection or easily debunk the connection. That being said, I don't dismiss it. The article doesn't go over players from other teams who have died, so I don't know if the same could be said for players who died of one disease or another from another franchise.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

They better check the land it was built on, at Colonia High School in New Jersey, over 100 people that have attended that school over the decades have developed a brain tumor, the story is all over the internet. The school was built near a uranium plant that was used during the Manhattan project to develop the first Atomic bomb, in the 1990s a science teacher at the school did a experiment with a geiger counter and a rock found on the school's property was found to have radiation in it.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is, they need to check everything out, the land, the stadium, because after a while all of these deaths stop being a coincidence.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

All those poor souls ate philly cheese steaks. Hmmm?

I've sworn them off. Seriously...

That's too many to ignore. My first guess would be the fill brought in. First place I'd look. Second place would be the source of the recycled steel. Third place would be the source of the aggregate in the concrete.

Have a nice day
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weren't these older stadiums built where no one would build homes? Was the stadium built with asbestos?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was noted that these were only catchers and pitchers. One thought was the use of radar guns which would be pointed in their areas. It was noted that no other position were effected. And no grounds crew or any iggles players.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    It was noted that these were only catchers and pitchers. One thought was the use of radar guns which would be pointed in their areas. It was noted that no other position were effected. And no grounds crew or any iggles players.

Good point. Radar guns and cancer seem to be correlated, so that could be at play here as well. 🤷