Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Population Report question

Is there any way to view what the population of a coin was at a certain date? For example, how would I find out what the population for BN 1961 proof Lincoln cents were in 2010, if possible?

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

go to the price guide. Look up the coin you want info on. Click on the price it shows for the coin. It will show you the price for quite a few years before. Hope this helps.

Dan
  • Options
    CentSearcherCentSearcher Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

@Dan50

Unfortunately I don't need the past prices, I need the past population report

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no easy way to do this. One source would be the first edition of Bowers' Guide Book to Lincoln Cents (2008). I believe he listed the populations for both PCGS and NGC coins as one number. He discontinued the practice in later editions as populations kept growing.
    Another source would be to look up coins on Heritage's website: RESOURCES - Research Auction Archives. Find a coin in the year it was sold and you will see the populations at that time. This won't be helpful for inexpensive coins that are not normally sold at auction. Going forward, print up a list of PCGS populations every six months or so to see how they have changed.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS published population reports that can be found for quite a few years. Buy an assortment if this kind of thing is important to you,