Home Sports Talk
Options

Carson Wentz has to play against his old coach and his old teams

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly going to be interesting next season for Mr. Wentz, he has to play against the Colts, two games against the Eagles, and he has to play the Jaguars who are now coached by Doug Pederson, his old coach.

Comments

• Options

And of course, Doug Pederson, his old nemesis, now the coach of the Jaguars.

• Options

I won't make a secret of it, I don't like Carson Wentz, so this is going to be very entertaining for me.

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 12:33PM

I still remember that whole debacle, where Carson Wentz was jealous of Nick Foles for stealing his Super Bowl, and the statue of Nick Foles and Doug Pederson in front of Eagles stadium and how Carson Wentz resented Nick Foles for it.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carson Wentz,the greatest QB that never was. Somewhere in Philly there's an abandoned shrine to both Wentz & Doug Pederson that Stevek hasn't visited in years. B)

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 12:54PM

Yes, and Carson Wentz was so bitter towards Nick Foles that he wanted him to fail at quarterback and even rooted against his own team.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, and Carson Wentz was so bitter towards Nick Foles that he wanted him to fail at quarterback and even rooted against his own team.

Luckily for Nick, Carson didn't get that far.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2022 1:34PM

Poor Carson. I've said this many times before on the forum but here goes again......His season and potential great career were both destroyed in a game against the Rams in 2017. I was there, I saw it happen. At the time I knew it.....Background,.... The Rams were getting ripped by the refs. When the Rams had possession just prior to the Eagle possession where Wentz was injured, Jared Goff was being hammered by the Eagle defense..... Roughing the passer penalties should have been called. They were not. You could sense the frustration in the Rams fans and with the team. It was BAD! Rams punt......Eagles have the ball......then.....the Ram defense went into revenge mode. Tit-For-Tat. Result, a dirty hit on Wentz. I think this is the play. You can clearly see the Ram defender going for the knees with his right elbow in both photos. Dirty hit.

This is Wentz limping off after the hit. I think he played one more series after the hit.

In that photo of him limping, it was right in front of me......My thought at the time?......He's finished..... for good.
    I do know that the injury was to the left knee and it looks like the right knee is the target......whatever..... The knees were the target!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

And I don't like royalty, and the man looks just like Prince Harry!

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 1:50PM

And that outfit is ridiculous looking, he looks like he should be the spokesman for McDonald's.

• Options

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz had all the tools. At least physically. And he actually was performing up to snuff until the aforementioned injury. And as I have said here many times, the statue did him in.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me add, I have heard nothing but good things about him as a person. I do know that the statue affected him psychologically, and he was unable to be a team-first guy afterward.

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 2:20PM

@thisistheshow said:
    Let me add, I have heard nothing but good things about him as a person. I do know that the statue affected him psychologically, and he was unable to be a team-first guy afterward.

Yeah, he's real nice to people, but not so much to animals, he slaughters them like it's going out style.

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 4:51PM

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yeah, he's real nice to people, but not so much to animals, he slaughters them like it's going out style.

Well, whatever..... But shooting a shotgun at birds in flight is the closest thing in comparison I can think of as a quarterback hitting a wide receiver on the run.

It requires the ability to judge speed of the target in addition to depth perception of target, wind factors are also are VERY important, (same as kicking a fieldgoal), and when to pull the trigger., etc, etc., Takes a lot of coordination and practice to be good at shooting birds or hitting that receiver running at full speed down the field......Everyone says, " How do he do that!".....I know how.......Ever think about why the football announcers refer to recievers as TARGETS constantly?..... Or.....PULLING THE TRIGGER?????.......OH, WELL....Football is a brutal sport......What makes us different from people in ancient Rome cheering on their favorite Gladiator?.....
    This.........

Or This....

It's A Fine Line.......A Very Fine Line Indeed.......

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s got all the physical tools but his pocket presence since the injury is non existent.
    If Frank Reich gave up on him (his biggest supporter) I don’t see a bright future.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2022 9:36PM

@2dueces said:
    He’s got all the physical tools but his pocket presence since the injury is non existent.

Yes, 2dueces, I think you nailed it!.....The Eagles were on their way to the Super Bowl with him at quarterback...... I think it was only his second year in the league (?)......when the injury happened..... I was so Impressed with what I saw in that game!.....He was SOLID!....But that hit was BRUTAL!.....After that he was gun-shy....Never the same.......EVERY TIME I GO TO A GAME SINCE THEN.......I WATCH THE ACTION ON THE FIELD, BUT IN THE BACK OF MY MIND I AM ALWAYS THINKING OF THAT HIT!... That's just the way it is.............I feel sorry for the man.......can't help it......

Getting your knee blown out is no fun.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:

Yes, 2dueces, I think you nailed it!.....The Eagles were on their way to the Super Bowl with him at quarterback...... I think it was only his second year in the league (?)......when the injury happened..... I was so Impressed with what I saw in that game!.....He was SOLID!....But that hit was BRUTAL!.....After that he was gun-shy....Never the same.......EVERY TIME I GO TO A GAME SINCE THEN.......I WATCH THE ACTION ON THE FIELD, BUT IN THE BACK OF MY MIND I AM ALWAYS THINKING OF THAT HIT!... That's just the way it is.............I feel sorry for the man.......can't help it......

Getting your knee blown out is no fun.

He sure isn't gun shy out in the woods, I'm sorry but trophy hunters really piss me off. It all started when I was a teenager, a summer in Colorado with my uncle, a deer that we were attached to, destroyed by a bullet and left to rot, I don't like to talk about it. I don't feel sorry for Carson Wentz, I do feel sorry for the creatures on the other end of his gun. At least he still has his life.

• Options

Carson Wentz is soft, Joe Burrow tore his knee up and he came back with a vengeance, Tom Brady tore his knee up and he didn't let effect him, maybe Carson Wentz isn't cut out for football, maybe he needs to stick to sitting out in the forest in his camouflage and ambushing unsuspecting animals.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz is terrible, that’s the bottom line.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

And I don't like royalty, and the man looks just like Prince Harry!

![]

Prince Harry isn't amused with your comparison. B)

• Options
    edited May 14, 2022 9:47AM

>

@2dueces said:

>

He sure isn't gun shy out in the woods, I'm sorry but trophy hunters really piss me off. It all started when I was a teenager, a summer in Colorado with my uncle, a deer that we were attached to, destroyed by a bullet and left to rot, I don't like to talk about it. I don't feel sorry for Carson Wentz, I do feel sorry for the creatures on the other end of his gun. At least he still has his life.

I want to make something perfectly clear....... I agree with you 101%. I had a similar experience when I was around 18/19 years old. I was living here on the ranch with my best friend and another guy who was a loudmouth jerk always , ALWAYS, talking about what great hunter he was....all total BS. He would go out and decimate the quail population around here just for kicks. It infuriated me to no end.......then......I come home one evening and there's 3 dead coyotes in the yard. He killed them just because....why not?.....Those dogs used to hang around the house and caused no problems..... I liked them and they liked me.....there were like pets. Well, that's when the fhit-hit-the-san around here. I kicked that sicko's as* out of here Muy Pronto. People who kill animals for sport, in my opinion, are beneath contempt. There is something wrong with their brains. But, sometimes hunting is necessary. To protect people, especially children, and other wildlife, and stock animals, from vicious predator animals. I do it all the time, have done so my whole life. I don't enjoy it but I always remember what my Grandma said to me one day when she told me to go out at track down a certain varmit was sneaking into the henhouse. I was around 10 years old. She said,"It's either him or us.....we gotta' eat too."......I didn't want to do it but I did. Life is messy......that's just the way it is.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2022 10:48AM

This might seem controversial, but I don't mean it to be. It's about people who are strict vegetarians. Right up front....I am somewhat of a vegetarian. Meat? Take it or leave it. Just doesn't do it for me. But I never get on my high horse and lecture meat eaters about what a superior person I am because of what I eat or don't eat. I worked many years when I was in high school in a hospital kitchen. The entire hospital administration, etc. were vegetarians. Fine people but they had a dim view of non-vegatarians at they let you know about it.

Now for the dirty little secret. That nice cold sweet orange juice people enjoy at breakfast? Avocados? Those crisp veggies in the salad bowl?....... They all come courtesy of a rancher/farmer who basically spends his entire life growing that food AND eliminating varmits that would destroy that food before it ever got to the table. People have no idea whatsoever how many animals of every kind were killed so that they could enjoy a vegetarian lifestyle while they lecture everyone else! I don't blame them because they don't know what they don't know.

Same on a cattle ranch. Folks who get all upset about the inhumanity of it all, are simply unaware of reality.... Every rancher knows exactly how many head of beef can roam the range to keep harmony with the ecosystem. It's their job. Nobody in their right mind would over graze. Nothing could be more stupid. And those cattle live in perfect harmony with every other species of animal. From the toads in a mud pond to the eagles in the sky. EVERYONE! When one head of cattle is sent to market, it is replaced by another. And the natural order of nature goes on. UNDISTURBED. BUT...... turn that open range into a tomato field. Oh, yea, great juicy red ripe tomatos! A vegetarians dream come true. But then something will be missing....... Every single type of animal that would otherwise be there if the cattle were still there. Talk about environmental destruction?.... You have it right there. Now, instead of all the animals and natural plants, living in perfect harmony, you get crop duster airplanes constantly swooping in dropping toxic pesticides everywhere. No animal life. None. Talk about destruction of animal life......nothing comes close. But some folks can be happy because no cattle are being slaughtered. They don't know what they don't know.

Just a question; Which is more harmful to the planet and all God's creatures?
    This.....

Or this....

Forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    >

@2dueces said:

>

I want to make something perfectly clear....... I agree with you 101%. I had a similar experience when I was around 18/19 years old. I was living here on the ranch with my best friend and another guy who was a loudmouth jerk always , ALWAYS, talking about what great hunter he was....all total BS. He would go out and decimate the quail population around here just for kicks. It infuriated me to no .......then......I come home one evening and there's 3 dead coyotes in the yard. He killed them just because....why not?.....Those dogs used to hang around the house and caused no problems..... I liked them and they liked me.....there were like pets. Well, that's when the fhit-hit-the-san around here. I kicked that sicko's as* out of here Muy Pronto. People who kill animals for sport, in my opinion, are beneath contempt. There is something wrong with their brains. But, sometimes hunting is necessary. To protect people, especially children, and other wildlife, and stock animals, from vicious predator animals. I do it all the time, have done so my whole life. I don't enjoy it but I always remember what my Grandma said to me one day when she told me to go out at track down a certain varmit was sneaking into the henhouse. I was around 10 years old. She said,"It's either him or us.....we gotta' eat too."......I didn't want to do it but I did. Life is messy......that's just the way it is.

I don't have a problem with hunting to protect your family or your food supply, things like that, just these guys, like Wentz, who seem to have nothing better to do than kill so they can brag about it and show off their trophies in photos on social media or hang a deer head on a wall and gloat about it. This is a photo of a family friends hone who loves animals, and a family of deer that come around to their home and they leave food out for them. They have grown quite attached to them, and I guarantee you one thing, if I ever saw Carson Wentz near them with a gun, I wouldn't hesitate to beat the crap out of him.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2022 12:35PM

Yes, Dragon Master, your are wise in all things...Oh wise One!

P.S. I'm sending you a PM. Maybe not today, but soon. So look for it. You are The Light Who Shows The Way. 😵

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Yes, Dragon Master, your are wise in all things...Oh wise One!

P.S. I'm sending you a PM. Maybe not today, but soon. So look for it. You are The Light Who Shows The Way. 😵

Thanks Hydrant, this place wouldn't be the same without you. And remember, steer clear of the Aaron Rooster, they inhabit Malaysia!

• Options
    edited May 14, 2022 2:40PM

@doubledragon said:
    >

Thanks Hydrant, this place wouldn't be the same without you......

Thank you Oh, Wise One... nothing of Grasshopper.....My giving is small....My reward is from Heaven....I am but Lowly Grasshopper. Searching Wisdom...........Grasshopper is receiver of knowledge.....Grasshopper grateful... No Matter what may come.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:
    >

Thanks Hydrant, this place wouldn't be the same without you......

Thank you Oh, Wise One... nothing of Grasshopper.....My giving is small....My reward is from Heaven....I am but Lowly Grasshopper. Searching Wisdom...........Grasshopper is receiver of knowledge.....Grasshopper grateful... No Matter what may come.

You're learning grasshopper, someday you shall become a master, I will mold you to perfection....

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brittle as glass. He may not even make it through the season long enough to play in all those games.

His attitude sucks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.