Home Sports Talk

You have to see this

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I am the resident space buff, I thought you might like to see this, the rover on Mars snapped this picture a few days ago, the story is all over the internet, it is pretty creepy. It looks like a doorway that was purposely carved out. I'm not sure what it is, the terrain on Mars can create many illusions, but it is fascinating nevertheless.

A New Photo Of A Rock On Mars Has Alien Hunters Very Excited

Eagle-eyed Mars watchers trawling through images of the Martian surface have unearthed a picture that’ll no doubt spark the imagination of those curious about extraterrestrial life on our planetary neighbor.

This image was taken by NASA's Curiosity Mars rover on May 7, 2022. It appears to show a slit into the rocky hillside, which bears a strong resemblance to a purposely constructed entrance. OK, fine, it looks like an entrance to a pyramid.

It was shared by Annie Jacobsen, an investigative journalist whose work (among other things) has looked into the unexplained goings-on at Area 51 in Roswell, New Mexico. “This image taken 5.7.22 by NASA on Mars + news of House hearings on UFOs are sure to spawn a few new theories,” she tweeted. Yes, the first public Congressional hearing on UFOs in 50 years is happening next week, and you can watch it live.

Others have pored over the image and concluded the geological feature is a doorway to an underground temple. Some have even suggested a figure and its shadow can be seen hiding in the entrance.

However, as you’ve hopefully guessed, this interesting picture is very unlikely to be hard proof of an extraterrestrial civilization living it up on the Red Planet. Many have pointed out that plenty of images of Mars have shown similar geological features that are clearly not the doorway to a grand Martian temple. It's also extremely tough to discern the scale of this feature.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, the government will try to cover this up, and I better not say anything else about that because I'm already on thin ice with them.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

so this is where Aaron Rogers hides out during the offseason...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

edited May 12, 2022 6:45PM

@craig44 said:
    so this is where Aaron Rogers hides out during the offseason...

I'll be darned, it must be, because this photo was snapped a few months ago and you can clearly see Rodgers standing by the entrance.

Of course, this photo of the Mars doorway brings up one of the most important and fascinating questiins in human history, are we alone, or is there life out there somewhere? I will be watching this documentary tonight about Bob Lazar, a physicist that the government brought to Area 51 for the purpose of attempting to reverse engineer alien technology. He is the reason we even know about Area 51. He feared for his life for years and had to learn how to handle a gun to protect himself, but he felt the public deserved to know what was going on.

https://youtu.be/_YKd8FWN1u8

For anyone who is interested in this subject, this is a great book.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Of course, this photo of the Mars doorway brings up one of the most important and fascinating questiins in human history, are we alone, or is there life out there somewhere? I will be watching this documentary tonight about Bob Lazar, a physicist that the government brought to Area 51 for the purpose of attempting to reverse engineer alien technology. He is the reason we even know about Area 51. He feared for his life for years and had to learn how to handle a gun to protect himself, but he felt the public deserved to know what was going on.

that one looks good. is this on one of the streaming services? I dont know if i believe in extraterrestrial life, but i sure find it interesting.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon let me throw some hypothetical scenarios/questions into the fray to perhaps spark your curiosity. This image could have been shown to you intentionally to make you ponder about an ancient civilization on Mars. It could also have been a simple photo shop mistake by NASA. Meaning that all of the rover images have always been coming from somewhere on Earth and in this instance they didn't edit out the mine shaft stairs. Or all of the images have been from Earth all along and they left the image in intentionally nonetheless. Your thoughts?

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Marvin Martian not happy with this photo

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2022 8:46AM

Definitely not a carved doorway. The give away is the elongated triangle at the top of the doorway.

The base of the triangle aligns perfectly with both sides of the doorway and the other two lines of the triangle then extend upwards to the top of the photo where they meet. The left line of the triangle is caused by the underlying flat stone in the left side of the doorway. There is definitely a similar stone on the right side of the doorway, hidden in the picture, that is the cause of the right line of the triangle. Those vertical flat stones are a remnant of a formation that was present eons before the overlaying horizontal sediment, sandstone (?) was laid down and built up over the flat stones. (Looks to me like there was water on Mars!) The overlaying layer of sandstone (?) then eroded through natural processes that has resulted in exposing the doorway. Also note that the opening of the doorway is very, very shallow... That's an important part of arriving at the correct analysis about the origins of the doorway.......It's all so simple. Hydrantette Jenny explained it to me......she likes rocks.

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

that one looks good. is this on one of the streaming services? I dont know if i believe in extraterrestrial life, but i sure find it interesting.

I think it is on a streaming service, I'm going to watch it on a website I found that shows free movies. I'm not sure if Bob Lazar is telling the truth or not, but it sure is fascinating. An astrophysicist at Baylor university who used to do work for the Pentagon named Eric W. Davis came out and said recently that the Government is indeed in possession of technology not from this Earth.

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon let me throw some hypothetical scenarios/questions into the fray to perhaps spark your curiosity. This image could have been shown to you intentionally to make you ponder about an ancient civilization on Mars. It could also have been a simple photo shop mistake by NASA. Meaning that all of the rover images have always been coming from somewhere on Earth and in this instance they didn't edit out the mine shaft stairs. Or all of the images have been from Earth all along and they left the image in intentionally nonetheless. Your thoughts?

I'm not sure what to make of the photo, it could be an authentic photo but maybe just a rock formation that resembles a doorway. The terrain on Mars can look like a lot of different things if you sit and stare at it long enough, the imagination can play tricks on you. For years, people thought the Mars face was a monunent left there by an alien civilization, but it turned out to just be a rock formation that resembled a face. They even wrote books about the
    Mars face.

@Hydrant said:
    Definitely not a carved doorway. The give away is the elongated triangle at the top of the doorway.

The base of the triangle aligns perfectly with both sides of the doorway and the other two lines of the triangle then extend upwards to the top of the photo where they meet. The left line of the triangle is caused by the underlying flat stone in the left side of the doorway. There is definitely a similar stone on the right side of the doorway, hidden in the picture, that is the cause of the right line of the triangle. Those vertical flat stones are a remnant of a formation that was present eons before the overlaying horizontal sediment, sandstone (?) was laid down and built up over the flat stones. (Looks to me like there was water on Mars!) The overlaying layer of sandstone (?) then eroded through natural processes that has resulted in exposing the doorway. Also note that the opening of the doorway is very, very shallow... That's an important part of arriving at the correct analysis about the origins of the doorway.......It's all so simple. Hydrantette Jenny explained it to me......she likes rocks.

A future NASA scientist!

edited May 13, 2022 8:55AM

Interestly enough, there is a second Mars face that looks even more creepy than the first one, it is probably just a rock formation also, but there are some weird and creepy things on Mars. Here is the second Mars face.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this cloud the other day

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
    edited May 13, 2022 9:23AM

The Pentagon is taking alien technology very serious now, last year they released video that Navy pilots took of an encounter with an aircraft that defied anything they had ever seen. A lot of Navy and Air Force pilots are coming forward and sharing stories of encounters with aircraft with technology unheard of. This photo was part of a video taken by a Navy pilot of an encounter with one such object.

Former Director of US National Intelligence John Ratcliffe has also come out and admitted it.

edited May 13, 2022 9:40AM

@Alfonz24 said:

That cloud reminds me of an interesting rock formation that I came across in Utah. I gave it my own special name......but I'll leave that to your imagination...... Here's a picture of it.

Zoom in for best effect!

@Hydrant said:

@Alfonz24 said:

That cloud reminds me of an interesting rock formation that I came across in Utah. I gave it my own special name......but I'll leave that to your imagination...... Here's a picture of it.

Zoom in for best effect!

This thread has taken a turn for the worse, it has become a XXX rated thread, I'm hitching a ride out of here!

@doubledragon I'm gonna have to close this thread.

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon I'm gonna have to close this thread.

Yes, thank you, this thread has fallen down worse than Aaron Rodgers on his kitchen floor.

edited May 13, 2022 12:41PM

Well, at least you guys figured out the direction I was going in........The Hydrant Boys and I spent many a night camping at the base of that rock.
    The boys and their friends thought the name that I gave it was so funny. Anyway, there is a weird slot canyon that heads at the base of that "Thing."....... Get it?......You can't imagine the strange rock formations that occur in that Red Rock Country. Many times near there, in the Henry Mountains, I have seen the atmosphere evolve into something that made me think, I'm on a different planet now......It is not of this Earth!

You don't have to travel to Mars to get the Outer Space experience. It's all in Southern Utah/Northern Arizona. It's like no place on Earth.

And....the last surviving wild Buffalo heard roams there.....I've seen it a couple of times.......OH, BABY!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2022 6:28PM

The alien civilization that was on Mars might just be us. Mars, smaller than Earth died at a much quicker pace than earth would. A million years ago a more advanced civilization found a way to leave their dying planet and inhabit Earth. This civilization remains are all but lost except some sensational stone structures.
    The universe is cyclical. A few million years after we’re gone another civilization will ponder if there was intelligent life before them.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    The alien civilization that was on Mars might just be us......Thanks,

Now, I finally know for certain where my Mother-In-Law came from!.....I always thought she was from Texas....... Now I know she was a Martian........Damn, those Girls From Mars know how to cook up a good chicken fried steak!!!!!

@hydrant speaking of chicken fried steak....... As I've mentioned before, I started life in New England, lived in NYC , and at the age of thirty moved to Texas. When I got to Texas I discovered chicken fried steak. I had never heard of it. I had never seen white gravy either.

edited May 14, 2022 3:16PM

@thisistheshow said:
    @hydrant speaking of chicken fried steak....... As I've mentioned before, I started life in New England, lived in NYC , and at the age of thirty moved to Texas. When I got to Texas I discovered chicken fried steak. I had never heard of it. I had never seen white gravy either.

Yep,....I've heard that before from a good friend of mine. Native of Boston. Never heard of chicken fried steak! Or white gravy! The trick to a good one is to pound the steak to a pulp. Only a Texas gal is capable of that. 💪 Then the gravy......Last night after posting I asked The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant what was the trick to the gravy. After 15 minutes of hearing about 2 tablespoons of melted butter mixed with 2 tablespoons of salt...adding just the right amount of grease....heating in an iron skillet.... just right temperature....gotta' watch the sizzle....then adding just the right amount of flour......not to much.....that'll wreck it!.....Oh, Brother!....I tuned out!!! What was I thinking!!!

Anyway,.... Best chicken fried steak you ever had? Besides The Lovely Mrs. Hydrants?.......Hilltop Restaurant....... Ozona, Texas! Oh, Baby!!.......And......for all you people who never heard about chicken fried steak?.....There's no chicken involved!..... A Texas joke......those Texas girls have a weird sense of humor..... But Damn their good lookin' and they they can dish it out.....in more ways than one.......

Yea, you get one...you got the whole deal.. Look out Brother!
    God Bless Texas!

edited May 14, 2022 3:29PM

I know I'm posting a little too much lately...... But......It's so frickin' hot outside, 103° in the shade right now, that I'm stuck inside. About 6:30 this evening, I'll fire up my truck, the one Tom Brady wrecked, and head out to work the land. When I get in about 9:30, The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant will be waiting at the door.....Screaming.... "Your dinner is cold!"........I don't care......what I don't tell her?.........SO WAS THE BEER!

@hydrant I expected to see chicken fried steak in that photo

edited May 14, 2022 6:01PM

@thisistheshow said:
    @hydrant I expected to see chicken fried steak in that photo

No, that photo is another Texas girl plate....Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, corn, black eyed peas or pinto beans, and of course!...A pickle chip, and a slice of WONDER BREAD!!!! Don't forget the WONDER BREAD THE PICKLE AND THE BLACK EYED PEAS!!!!......All on one plate......Sweet Baby Jesus!......

Ah,...The good life!
    P.S....Why the Wonder Bread?......Well,.....that's critical......The Wonder Bread is eaten last.......every Texan baby knows the drill.....it is used like a sponge to soak up every last drop on the plate!.......Most common saying with those gals, " Can I fix you a plate? "......and then.....they say," EAT IT ALL!"
    Mom......

Daughter.....

Same thing.....EAT IT ALL!

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

@OAKSTAR said:

That's the point!

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

That's the point!

I can tell.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. Hand that's too easy.
    ...........................................Ok Mr. Spicolley.
    Its a dugout.

@OAKSTAR said:

Like, ahh.......like.....,this is the Sports Forum. Everyone is confused here!.....NO NFL!......It'll get back to normal around November....... Then normal turns into crazy! I can't wait!
    Rams/Bills First Game!!!!....😵

@hydrant. I'd like to comment on something you said above. As I've mentioned, we live in Texas. Met my wife in NYC in 1999. We moved to TX in 2006. So she has definitely gotten some Texan in her. But she had originally come from Brazil in 1998. Grew up in a small "city" / town. On her mother's side they are farmers. Still are. Her grandparents on that side...one was a Native Brazilian Indian
    The other Italian immigrant. On the other side they are Portuguese. My wife spent many weekends and summers on a farm (mainly tobacco). The family is still farming today, many of her uncles and cousins. Anyway, I digress..

My point is, my wife will say "let me make your plate". I never heard this all of my life. My mother, still alive and an amazing cook, would sometimes put the food on a plate for me, or if we had guests there would be food on the table and everyone would serve themselves. But my wife makes everyone's plate and then hers last. Just an observation. My wife is amazing. I know you understand!!!

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Like, ahh.......like.....,this is the Sports Forum. Everyone is confused here!.....NO NFL!......It'll get back to normal around November....... Then normal turns into crazy! I can't wait!

I'm from New York. I'm waiting for October to start watching baseball! 😂 🤣

@OAKSTAR said:

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I'm from New York. I'm waiting for October to start watching baseball! 😂 🤣

What part of New York are you from? If you want to say...