Home Sports Talk
Options

Bills vs Rams kickoff the 2022 NFL Season

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

On Thursday night Football
Bills also play Monday night week 2 vs Titans.
Bills Thanksgiving day
Bills Christmas Eve.
Bills Monday night week 17 vs Bengals.

Just a few leaks ahead of the official announcement.
Look for the Bills in 1 or 2 more prime time games.
Vs Packers and possibly Patriots.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your boys are being featured in primetime. Will they live up to the billing?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Your boys are being featured in primetime. Will they live up to the billing?

With the Bills it’s always heartbreaking. Only one team is happy at the end of the year. Me? I’m just happy to have an exciting team to watch. I’m sure they will have a good season and I’ll be there to root for them win or lose.
    Looks like they have an opportunity to play 8 prime time games with 2 games the time TBA, meaning if it’s a meaningful game, Patriots week 18 and the Dolphins earlier.
    After years of mediocrity, it’s just fun again.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2022 6:36PM

FANTASTIC!!!...... I looked it up. Game in L.A.!!!!.....Josh Allen is my favorite! I just made my first payment today for my season tickets for next year.......I was in panic mode.....told The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant to get it done! NOW! Anyway, best NFL matchup! Rams/Bills. Two best teams in the league going head to head on opening day. The Rams got ripped in their last Bills game. By the refs.......Rams out for revenge..... guaranteed!...... The Rams will win......But if they don't....... who cares?.....Go Bills......Go Rams!.....I can't wait!

Donald will take the Bills apart..... Midway 4th quarter if he needs too! ... Just watch

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody won't be happy starting the season off with a loss......Oh, Well....16 games left to make it up.........Rams/Bills Super Bowl next year.... Got my fingers crossed...... Super Bowl preview.... first game of the season....... The Big Boys in the NFL know who the best 2 teams are.......T.V. Jackpot!.....It's not a mistake!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice opening season game, this should be a great matchup!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Nice opening season game, this should be a great matchup!

Honestly, I’d rather start with the Texans or Lions but ok. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    omgjediomgjedi Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I was telling everyone Bills were going to the superbowl last year and they were laughing at first. That changed toward the end of the season. Just too bad they got robbed. Got a soft spot for them since they keep Taiwan Jones around. Went to high school with him, he was a year below me. Also was Al Davis' last draft pick. Good Luck this season, unless it comes to Bills and Raiders in the playoffs.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2022 4:58AM

@omgjedi said:
    I was telling everyone Bills were going to the superbowl last year and they were laughing at first. That changed toward the end of the season. Just too bad they got robbed. Got a soft spot for them since they keep Taiwan Jones around. Went to high school with him, he was a year below me. Also was Al Davis' last draft pick. Good Luck this season, unless it comes to Bills and Raiders in the playoffs.

I’m a huge Raiders fan also. Always have been as far back when the Bills traded Lamonica to them. My nephew is named after him and one of my good friends is a huge raider fan. I’ll always root for any AFL team. And yes, @perkdog even the Patriots.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces I enjoy and appreciate your passion for football. And a comment you just made points out a link between our fandom...in a way. You say you will always root for any AFL team. My story is obviously different from yours. Maybe you will see the similarity. I have always been a Patriots fan, via geography. I was a young kid really getting into the NFL when the 80s version of the USFL happened. Looking back on it, the excitement and talk over which league my favorite college players were going to, and all of the rest that came with that time (plus my Pats squishing the fish then being in the SB against the Bears) all played into my love of the game. I can't say that I am rooting for the newest incarnation of the USFL, but rooting for it in the 80s is still a big part of my love of the NFL as of today.

• Options
    omgjediomgjedi Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I think the USFL and even the FCFL is great for the sport. Not necessarily great to watch all the time, but better farm league than just sticking guys on a practice squad. Plus it is cool getting to see plays like Johnny Manziel throwing TD's to TO. For NBA fans I would compare these new leagues to summer basketball leagues. Something to watch and can see some players you maybe never thought you would see playing, but is it the NBA? No.