Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

The Eclectic Box at 100

I’ve come a long way since it was a simple box of 20 with some humble coins.

I still own some humble coins, but some nice stuff too- and five times more of it.

https://collectivecoin.com/lordmarcovan/7my2PhjhXCrR9PLbqB5k

(^ slow loading link)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Congratulations Rob! What a great Eclectic-100! It was a real pleasure to take a good look at each one and appreciate what might have spoke to you about each one. I recognize more than a handful that you have posted over the years where I took note and thought “I should get one of those!”

You have a great eye for design and historical import and for just plain fun items. Love both the content and the format. Thanks for sharing.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Such an awesome, diverse group! Especially love the Notgeld types and the tokens in there!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdmern said:
    Such an awesome, diverse group! Especially love the Notgeld types and the tokens in there!

I believe that 1881 NZ token came from you.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rob - I like the coins and the presentation. I think you've got my old 3CN which has some color, and my 1920 Pilgrim commem. Glad they have a good home!

My current "Box of 20"

• Options

@Bob13 said:
    Rob - I like the coins and the presentation. I think you've got my old 3CN which has some color, and my 1920 Pilgrim commem. Glad they have a good home!

I remembered getting the 3cN from you, but not the Pilgrim. Thanks for the reminder!

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that was fun to look through (I'd forgotten about Collective Coin--is it still viable?).

That is a superb and, dare I say, eclectic group!

• Options

CollectiveCoin is still viable though as you likely noticed, the initial click-in can be really slow.

I really use CollecOnline more nowadays, but linked to CollectiveCoin because it shows everything on one page.

https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/7627/coins-eclectic-box-collection

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful collection, Rob! CollecOnline prices seem to be very reasonable to keep a nice record of a collection. I might try to put my collections out there. Trying to great decent pictures right now, so we'll see.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2022 7:35AM

Wow, I was looking for something like that a few years ago. It's a little dated looking but looks super useful. I tried doing my own database and just never slogged through it. Is it fairly simple to navigate and add the information you want? I also want to start doing something to manage buying (price) information, so are the here any hidden fields or photos (like a receipt photo)? Oh, and are the tags from a tagging system list or can you make up your own?

BTW, I really like that she-wolf coin. Let me know if you decide to liberate that one to make room for something else :smiley:

Oh, and would this be conducive to medals? It looks like the site in general is pretty all-collectible friendly. I'm guessing the different collections can be sequestered. Namely, one for Japan, one for Albania. Can you enter a coin/item into more than one collection with an easy click or does it get manually added to each?

And lastly, can you print up or download the information easily?

ETA is there any photo editing? I saw a few with nice transparent backgrounds, and was wondering if that was done in the site or before you uploaded.

• Options

CollecOnline has spreadsheet tools for account management, coins can be added to more than one collection, you can upload receipts and documents,

The tags are from a large list but you can suggest more, and the owner of the site is very hands-on and helpful.

In short, CollecOnline will do everything CollectiveCoin does, plus a whole lot more.