Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading with CSG through PWCC

soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Card(s) shipped to PWCC, then sent to CSG for 10 day service, shipped back to PWCC for auction, $20 grading fee then taken from auction proceeds. When did this start?

Comments

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

About a week ago on April 28th

• Options
    IanGIanG Posts: 16

Remember the cards that get graded and returned to the vault then must be sold. you can not get the back

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

PWCC now has the same 10 day service deal with BGS for $50 per card.

• Options

Interesting. I've been buy a lot from the PWCC auctions. I find more quality stuff there than on eBay. I've been noticing a lot of lower quality SGC and CSG graded cards recently. I assume most of these are done as a part of this deal. Is there a similar deal with SGC? I'm seeing mainly SGC. Are these even the same thing? (Sorry if a dumb question. I'm still kind of a noob to all of this.)

Call me a snob, but I really have no interest in cards graded 5 and below from the 60's and later. This is true even for some of the star players.

• Options
    SeaverfanSeaverfan Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Back in the day, didn't GAI try to set up similar deals with big time dealers? I believe folks were not pleased with this concept and the potential preferential grading issues. Just my recollection....