Home Q & A Forum
Options

Collectible coin price skyrocket (with no reason)

Hi! I already tried to find an answer to my question and hopefully someone will enlighten me :neutral:

A year ago I was trying to buy a specific coin from Canada and missed it, tried on ebay but the price was double. Someone suggested to wait for the after-release hype to cool down. I did and at worked (more and less) but could not buy the coin at the end. This year the new coin came out and here are my questions (please explain if I am being stupid)

The coin was announced to be released in May and I was watching it every day. Well... it sold out in APRIL? :( ...how?

The other thing, this coin should be around $7,000 and on ebay people were asking more than double, $19,999 so I was waiting as I was suggested and now someone is asking $40,000 ???? for a coin???? and it even shows that he has "2 sold"

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2021+super+incuse+gold+maple

Is this for real? Someone please explain because I can't comprehend. I just bought very rare 2022 UK Platinum Jubilee Sovereigns and they do double in value and that's understandable but this? :s

Comments

• Options
    zachsteinmanzachsteinman Posts: 2
    edited May 2, 2022 5:39PM

Sold Apr 27, 2022
    2021 2022 FDI Rev. PF 70 Super Incuse Gold & Silver 4 Maple Leaf Set - Very Rare
    $42,900.00 :s ?????

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

no surprise here,
    check out some kuenker sales....
    call out at 800 and sell at 21,000
    not unusual some go even 6 figures

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like pre-order sales were the silver bullet. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall