Home Sports Talk
Options

DeAndrea Hopkins suspended for 6 games

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since no one else is covering it. I mentioned it in my Swami post. Arizona futures win total over/under is 9 at the moment. Hopkins missed the last 4 games last year and Arizona went 1-3. That’s not even counting the embarrassing playoff loss.
Hollywood Brown is not even close to the play maker Hopkins is.
Depending on their first 6 opponents it will be hard for me to see them 9-8.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2022 4:47PM

The most overrated quarterback in the league, Kyler Murray (actually it's a toss up between him and Baker Mayfield, but now since everyone has given up on all the BAKER hype, Murray stands alone) has lost his #1 target. Big Deal.......Phoenix is going nowhere...... Hopkins or no Hopkins. Hopkins is a pumped up loser and Kyler is mediocre at best......... WAKE UP!.........The Rams are AWESOME! Phoenix is ZIP.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The most overrated quarterback in the league, Kyler Murray (actually it's a toss up between him and Baker Mayfield, but now since everyone has given up on all the BAKER hype, Murray stands alone) has lost his #1 target. Big Deal.......Phoenix is going nowhere...... Hopkins or no Hopkins. Hopkins is a pumped up loser and Kyler is mediocre at best......... WAKE UP!.........The Rams are AWESOME! Phoenix is ZIP.

Do you see the Rams as having dynasty potential? ( Meaning two or three SB wins in a short period)

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

Do you see the Rams as having dynasty potential? ( Meaning two or three SB wins in a short period)

Not a chance. Remember what we said about Kansas City after their first SB. The might win 10? They’ve already lost key players and the dynasty talk ceased.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2022 10:20AM

@thisistheshow said:
    >

If the Rams go to the SB next season, that will make 3 SB appearances in 5 years. Is that a Dynasty? I don't know. Now, as far as last season, the Rams were the DOMINANT team in the league. I only mentioned it in one post last season because, yea right, Hydrant only says that because he's a Rams fan.....so I let it go while all the talk around here was Brady, Rogers, Murray, Mahomes, the Bills, Burrow, Dak Prescott!, Cowboys!.....and..IS RUSSELL WILSON O.K.?...on and on and on.......Meantime, while the Rams were steam rolling their way to being SB Champions, and everyone was enthralled over some players girlfriend, or some loser beating up women in elevators, or what some psycho wide receiver (Antonio Brown?) was up to, or would it be Dak's breakout season, people were dismissing and overlooking the BIG story. The real powerhouse team, .... the Rams.....and Stafford, Kupp, Ramsay, Donald, etc. That was the team and great players last season...... It was a no-brainer!......and nobody noticed while the whole thing was unfolding..... And then,....what really got peoples attention around here concerning the Rams???.......some lady who falls off a podium during the Super Bowl party!......the shame of it all!....why, Stafford is a jerk!!!!! Oh, well.

So,......I don't make predictions. But,......maybe, just maybe, the Rams will be A DYNASTY!...... or close to it........ they already are that. WAKE UP!!!

• Options
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2022 12:45PM

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

Not a chance. Remember what we said about Kansas City after their first SB. The might win 10? They’ve already lost key players and the dynasty talk ceased.

KC and Green Bay = The Dynasties that never were.

They should do a 30 for 30 on that

• Options
    edited May 3, 2022 1:47PM

Thisistheshow......this place has been so slow lately...... I'm just trying to liven things up......looks like it's working!!!!!!.....Nothing like talking good about a team from L.A......brings folks out of the woodworks!.......pile on Boys!!!!!......action!.....anything!!!! I can take it,.....in fact......I love it......BEAT DOWN TIME!😁

• Options

@Hydrant said:

Thisistheshow......this place has been so slow lately...... I'm just trying to liven things up......looks like it's working!!!!!!.....Nothing like talking good about a team from L.A......brings folks out of the woodworks!.......pile on Boys!!!!!......action!.....anything!!!!

It’s so hard to keep a team together for a long run. Do you think the loss of Von Miller will have a huge impact on the Rams.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

And......everything I said is spot on true.......sorry guys,.....the Rams are AWESOME!

• Options
    edited May 3, 2022 2:08PM

And....Sean McVay is the best coach in the league....... nobody comes close......Do the numbers....prove it wrong......😂

• Options
    edited May 3, 2022 2:07PM

@perkdog said:

.....remember what we said about KC after their first SB win? Maybe 10 more?........

>

I never said that. That's because Mahomes isn't that good......all hype.....hell,...in their head to head matchup......JARED GOFF made Mahomes look like a fool!.....I was there.....look it up!.....One of the best all time NFL games ever! Jared Goff is better than Mahomes......and his girlfriend is better looking too and also knows how to keep her mouth shut!......Hype!....Hype!....Hype!.....HELP!

• Options
    edited May 3, 2022 2:21PM

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:

Thisistheshow......this place has been so slow lately...... I'm just trying to liven things up......looks like it's working!!!!!!.....Nothing like talking good about a team from L.A......brings folks out of the woodworks!.......pile on Boys!!!!!......action!.....anything!!!!

It’s so hard to keep a team together for a long run. Do you think the loss of Von Miller will have a huge impact on the Rams.

Von Miller?...you got to be kidding?..... A bit player past his prime brought in as filler. He did his job now he's gone. He knew that when he came onboard. No biggie! The Rams don't want him anymore and he knows it...... The Rams management is light years ahead of every team in drafting, and player acquisition. OBJ?....Miller Schimiller. WAKE UP!......

• Options

I love your enthusiasm for your team @hydrant. Stick with it. I remember the last few years you were a bit on and off with your love for the Rams. Make sure you keep this up when the going gets tough! I know you are a long time fan, but you know what I mean. But seriously, I love it. I had doubts that the Rams could sustain success after selling out so much for "win now mode". But apparently they have good cap people, and they are thus far making it work. As for Goff being better than Mahomes I'll say it again..

• Options
    edited May 3, 2022 6:42PM

Actually, I never think the Rams are going to win......for once they did!.......Do you know what it's like to be a lifelong Rams fan???? You have to go with the flow!.....If any team can figure out a way to blow it......It's the Rams......I like it win or lose..........

Now, this is my favorite starting 11......Took the picture of the lineup just yesterday!

AND

THE WILD BUNCH!

• Options

I am going to say in this instance I actually believe D Hop.

D Hop has been a stand up guy since day 1 and in my opinion deserves the leeway with this, his character makes him believable the way I see it

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Actually, I never think the Rams are going to win......for once they did!.......Do you know what it's like to be a lifelong Rams fan???? You have to go with the flow!.....If any team can figure out a way to blow it......It's the Rams......I like it win or lose..........

Now, this is my favorite starting 11......Took the picture of the lineup just yesterday!

AND

THE WILD BUNCH!

Nice group of kids!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I am going to say in this instance I actually believe D Hop.

D Hop has been a stand up guy since day 1 and in my opinion deserves the leeway with this, his character makes him believable the way I see it

I tend to agree with you here. I think that one f the things that leads to across the board skepticism is that they all have the same copy and paste answers to how it happened. I saw that some were saying that they didn't believe him because he dropped his appeal. But I don't see it that way. Appealing these things is just standard operating procedure. A lot of guys figure they can get it reduced and save some money. I am not sure if he said why they aren't appealing. At least that is what I read is happening. False positives can and do happen. Whether it is a pro league or probation, etc. We know that a lot of guys are using banned substances, and that they know how to not get caught. When a guy gets caught, that is actually a red flag for me. Because they know how not to. Which leads me to believe them sometimes. It all depends. In baseball, guys can get huge guaranteed contracts late in their careers, and getting suspended seems to be an accepted risk.