Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ho-Oh that I cannot find online

Hey guys looking for some help. Not really a Pokémon trader more of a MTG player.
I have this card I am looking to sell and I can't find it anywhere. My friend and I have done some research and I can't find it in non foil so am wondering if this is a misprint?
I have a Ho-Oh 149/144 that's not holo or reverse holo. We haven't found another of this and we might be shit at the internet so if you can give me a hand either telling me its worthless or random I would appreciate.

https://imgur.com/a/q5peb2b

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Can you post pic of the back, and compare the size to a known real pokemon... This non-holo version should not exist, so I'm wondering if it is a fake/counterfiet. It was made this way since the holo/reverse could not be faked to where it would look shiny, so they got creative and gave it the non-holo E-reader strip at the bottom. Compare the coloring on the back to a known good pokemon....

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭

There will be a symbol on it somewhere that tells you what set it is from. So yes, pic would help. 149/144 sounds like secret rare.

• Options

@UlyssesExtravaganza said:
    There will be a symbol on it somewhere that tells you what set it is from. So yes, pic would help. 149/144 sounds like secret rare.

There was a link to the image in the OP's post... The symbol and card is Skyridge, just that the non-holo version does not officially exist.... Especially for the secret rares in the set.....

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately probably high chance it is a fake. I have held some fakes and you could feel when you ran your finger over it, the texture was different. Do you remember where you got it? My son got a few ones that seemed off pulling them from those boxes that were like a dime or quarter per card in a comic shop or flea market.

• Options
    LoKiwiLoKiwi Posts: 2

Here is the back, its the same size as a normal card. I don't think its fake because Ive owned this for years. Maybe 15 or so im not sure. So while I cant tell if it isnt fake im pretty sure its not
    https://imgur.com/a/fugEZL4

• Options
    edited May 1, 2022 11:34AM

Can you take a picture of the back straight on, not at an angle, also, maybe put another known good card next to it... Also a higher res straight on pic of the front, give us a good look at this "unique" piece..