Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Got 50x $2 notes from the bank.

luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 28, 2022 9:34AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Ask the teller for $2 notes and she said she only have $100 worth of $2 notes. Saw that they look uncirculated (somewhat) so I took all of them. The numbers I received was 00730049 to 00730100. I didn't even realize that I had a repeater note until I got to the 00730070 note lol.
Here are the notes :smile:

imageIMG_20220427_213121__01" alt="" title="" />

imageIMG_20220427_213159__01" alt="" title="" />

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Great score for face value especially! Nice margins too.

• luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭

@Constantine said:

Thank you!!

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

00730073 is the score. The rest are worth a dollar or two over face even in sequential numbers. My bank has them in packs of $50 (25 notes to a pack) on hand. Washington Federal Bank if you have one near you.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

@Constantine said:

Thank you!!

@AUandAG said:
    00730073 is the score. The rest are worth a dollar or two over face even in sequential numbers. My bank has them in packs of $50 (25 notes to a pack) on hand. Washington Federal Bank if you have one near you.
    bob :)

Cool. I keep them for now. Spend them when I'm in need for cash lol.
    I bank at Chase and I go to like 6 different ones near where I work and 4 out of 6 branches always has new straps.

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Have some fun with the ones you don't want to keep. Go to the drive thru at any fast food place and buy something with them. The reactions you get will be hilarious.

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2022 9:36PM

Only $2 I own.

Tough CA Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find Vince.

That Fr.1940-F is incredible. I’ve never seen a modern $2 note with that much wear.

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice find Vince.

That Fr.1940-F is incredible. I’ve never seen a modern $2 note with that much wear.

It baffles me how worn it is for a 10 year old note. Bought it this way.. Amazing part is no splits or tears.

Tough CA Nationals &

braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ted 1 said:

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice find Vince.

It baffles me how worn it is for a 10 year old note. Bought it this way.. Amazing part is no splits or tears.

Did you enter it in the wheres george site maybe its got a record

@BobSav said:
    Have some fun with the ones you don't want to keep. Go to the drive thru at any fast food place and buy something with them. The reactions you get will be hilarious.

I know right?!? I had this cashier look at me and at the note. Then he said "Im sorry, this isn't real". LOL
    Then I had to explain to him and when he showed his boss the $2 note, she said its real and that she will be keeping it for her self...lol

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice find Vince.

Thanks Steve!!

@Ted 1 said:
    Only $2 I own.

Ted - Is there a reason why this note is graded?

edited April 29, 2022 9:28AM

@luckyrollers said:

@Ted 1 said:
    Only $2 I own.

Likely solely based on the lowball grade.

Tough CA Nationals &

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

@Ted 1 said:

@luckyrollers said:

@Ted 1 said:
    Only $2 I own.

The grading is what makes that note such a novelty, dare you to find another ?
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
    edited April 30, 2022 1:35PM

@BobSav said:

@Ted 1 said:

@luckyrollers said:

@Ted 1 said:
    Only $2 I own.

The grading is what makes that note such a novelty, dare you to find another ?
    Bob

There are Fair 2's, Ag 3's, Good 4's for the 1976 series out there.. but have never seen a 2013 at this low of a level!

I get many people who ask "why would you have low grade notes authenticated?"...

Tough CA Nationals &

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch for the price

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

@Constantine said:

love it!! Can I make an offer? PM sent

Tough CA Nationals &

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BobSav said:

They may call the police.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice notes / sweet score.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

@Cougar1978 said:
    Really nice notes / sweet score.

Thank you!!